BB032 Stug IV Battle of the Bulge 12th Volksgrenadier Division! (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
First Legion is extremely pleased to present the next vehicle in our “Battle of the Bulge” series, BB032 German Stug IV PzJg Abt 12 - 12th Volksgrenadier Division. The 12th Volksgrenadier Division, reconstituted from the previously destroyed 12th Infantry Division, saw action initially in the Ardennes as the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest. This action was particularly important as the area was to serve as the launching point for "Wacht am Rhein", the German counterattack which ended the Battle of Hurtgen. It was attached to the 1st SS Panzer Corps, 6th Army for the Ardennes Offensive. When the offensive failed, 6th Panzer Army was transferred to the Eastern Front and the 12th Volksgrenadier Division was left behind to face the advancing Americans. The Sturmgeschütz IV (StuG IV) was an assault gun based on the chassis of the Panzer IV. It performed admirably in it's role as a tank killer and was typically attached to infantry divisions. It had the same main armament as the German Panther Tank, the 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/48 and a crew of four men. Our variant features opening and closing hatches, raising and lowering gun barrel, and removable side skirts such that you can configure the model as you prefer, with all skirts, no skirts, or a mix them as desired. It truly is a stunning model with extremely detailed weathering and painting which has been produced in very limited quantities. It will also work well with the BB tank riders to boot!

BB032 German Stug IV PzJg Abt 12 - 12th Volksgrenadier Div $359.95
Ships Late November

BB032page1.jpg

BB032page2.jpg

The model is made from a mixed media (resin, metal, plastic, brass, photo etch, etc...) and has the following features:

- Opening & Closing Commander's Cupola
- Opening & Closing Loader's Hatch (MG Removes to facilitate)
- Gun Raises/Lowers
- Antennas
- Removable Individual Piece Side Skirts
- Extremely realistic weathering and superb sculpting and painting

BB032page3.jpg

BB032page4.jpg

BB032page5.jpg

BB032page6.jpg

Best,

Matt
First Legion

This is one fine model, great detail. I will have to decide quickly on this one as I imagine it will vanish pretty fast.

Joe

Gun isn’t the same as a Panther, but everything else is great

Whoops, yes this is a mistake. I'm not at my PC right now, but I believe it should say "Panzer IV" not Panther....will have to check this later!

Really like the Camo on this one, its not the first pattern you think of but it is accurate and pretty cool looking.

fullsizeoutput_6d.jpegnwy6g8.jpgnx2xyu.jpg28d6f67503151a0119f6a8377767b998.jpg. Regards Gebhard

Great addition and unusual scheme. The lack of zimmerit is accurate for any vehicle built after Normandy, so perfect for late 1944 until the end of the war.
Being able to remove the side skirts is also great, as seldom in battle these vehicles had all their side skirts on.

Mine is on order. I think this is going to photograph really well.

Mine is on order. I think this is going to photograph really well.

Frank mate,
Looking very much forward to seeing what you come up with. This Stug IV looks good but I know your Dio will make it much better. Counting the days.

Cheers Howard

During Ardennes Offensive, were stug IVs assigned to waffen ss formations, with german marking?

SS Panzer Brigade 150 ?

Thanks in advance.

During Ardennes Offensive, were stug IVs assigned to waffen ss formations, with german marking?

SS Panzer Brigade 150 ?

Thanks in advance.

1.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Tiger II, Jagdpanther IV
2.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV
9.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV
10.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer IV
12.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanzer IV
17.SS - Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV, Marder
Pz.Brigade 150 - Panther, Sherman, Stug ?

Thanks frank. :smile2:

1.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Tiger II, Jagdpanther IV
2.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV
9.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV
10.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanzer IV
12.SS - Panther, Panzer IV, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanzer IV
17.SS - Stug III, Jagdpanzer IV, Marder
Pz.Brigade 150 - Panther, Sherman, Stug ?

This rolled in today straight from FL. Simply amazing! I will post a pic in a dio later tonight. I know people are gonna say the green is to bright but the pic does not do it justice. It is spot on. Dunno why it photographed like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back