Berlin (1 Viewer)

Combat

Brigadier General
All has been too quiet on the Eastern Front. So my annual suggestions for the Berlin series:

1) German Feldgendarmerie rounding up deserters (the guys from "Downfall" would be perfect especially the big guy with the rope).

2) Brandenburg Gate - maybe it could come in sections if too large

3) German surrender party - Gen. Krebs, Col. von Dufling, Neilanois meeting with Chuikov

4) Russian NKVD

5) Russian looters

6) Hitler distributing Iron Crosses to Hitler Youth

7) French SS soldiers

8) We need flags - how about the raising of one on the Reichstag (credit to Joey for this one if I recollect)

Combat,
I like your suggestion for a Brandenburg Gate, but the problem is it would have to be HUGE, the weight alone would cause nightmares regarding shipping.

Not too sure how soon Andy would revisit The Battle of Berlin, but additional items would be welcomed for sure....

I don't think Andy will make anything like the Brandenberg Gate for awhile. All those buildings for Berlin he made have not done well and many dealers have tons of unsold inventory.

jazzeum said:
I don't think Andy will make anything like the Brandenberg Gate for awhile. All those buildings for Berlin he made have not done well and many dealers have tons of unsold inventory.

Too bad about the Berlin buildings they are some of the best work that I have seen. Any new collectors should take a look at the Reich Chancellery entrance and Berlin Tenement. Reasonably priced and very realistic accessories.

Brad,
Not sure if the Berlin building situation is as bad as you claim. The Hobby Bunker, Sierra and Treefrog were appointed as the three dealers from whom the rest of us were to get the buildings. Because Matt is about 45 minutes from me and the cost to ship them is brutal, I bought all of my buildings initially from him as I could go pick them up.

He has sold out of the three story corner ruin and has very few of the other two pieces left. I have been buying all three of them from Shannon and Pete since Matt sold out of the corner ruin and will continue to do so until they sell out. I have one of each left in stock and will be going back to them soon for more of each when the show season ramps up again in the Fall. Bottom line is they are strong show sellers due to the cost of shipping them.................

I feel the large weight of some buildings makes them less popular because of high freight costs. Collectors are ok paying for heavy tank sets etc, but I suspect balk at high add on costs for 'extras' such as buildings. I've said before that K & C would sell more buildings if they were made from a lighter material - but who listens to Oz :)

I have four of the tenement buildings forming an avenue leading up to the chancellory. I have the entrance and two annexes on each side. I really like these buildings. I am thinking of getting two more of the tenement buildings and extending the avenue so that my Russians have more movement room as they take on the Folks.

I hope that the comment about the buildings is not true. I want more Russian soldiers. They are some of the best K&C has done lately, other than the USMC types.:)

Combat said:
All has been too quiet on the Eastern Front. So my annual suggestions for the Berlin series:

1) German Feldgendarmerie rounding up deserters (the guys from "Downfall" would be perfect especially the big guy with the rope).

2) Brandenburg Gate - maybe it could come in sections if too large

3) German surrender party - Gen. Krebs, Col. von Dufling, Neilanois meeting with Chuikov

4) Russian NKVD

5) Russian looters

6) Hitler distributing Iron Crosses to Hitler Youth

7) French SS soldiers

8) We need flags - how about the raising of one on the Reichstag (credit to Joey for this one if I recollect)

Thanks for crediting me.;)

As for your wish list, I agree on most of these things, except the Brandenburg Gate. This one would be, as mentioned above, too big. Some other houses/ruins or a bridge over the Spree, is that a little more realistic?

Also, some Russian armour would be welcomed: KV2, SU85/122, IS2, etc. A russian flamethrower, some charging infantry,...

As for number 6: Wouldn't know if that is acceptable in political/historical point of views, it could evoke a large discussion (like the LAH-series). Although these child soldiers were a fact, it's still something happening every day.

I sold out of all the Berlin series building 4 - 5 times over. The only problem I had was when I had to ship them out. I could actually use a few Berlin tenements.

Now, what if JG did that building? What if Andy partnered with JG again? JG did that great Burnside Bridge. It had the hallmarks of the heavier polystone but the weight of that expandle foam stuff.

I think JG could figure it out cost effectively and with less weight.

Hows that for a suggestion?

Warrior said:
Brad,
Not sure if the Berlin building situation is as bad as you claim. The Hobby Bunker, Sierra and Treefrog were appointed as the three dealers from whom the rest of us were to get the buildings. Because Matt is about 45 minutes from me and the cost to ship them is brutal, I bought all of my buildings initially from him as I could go pick them up.

He has sold out of the three story corner ruin and has very few of the other two pieces left. I have been buying all three of them from Shannon and Pete since Matt sold out of the corner ruin and will continue to do so until they sell out. I have one of each left in stock and will be going back to them soon for more of each when the show season ramps up again in the Fall. Bottom line is they are strong show sellers due to the cost of shipping them.................

George,

I remember Shannon saying at the Symposium that she had a lot of the Berlin buildings in stock and was having trouble moving them.

Anyone know what the size of a 1/30 or 1/32 Brandenburg Gate would be? It would make a stunning display piece if the same quality as the others.

Combat said:
Anyone know what the size of a 1/30 or 1/32 Brandenburg Gate would be? It would make a stunning display piece if the same quality as the others.

I think that it would be something like 2' 8" height, 7' 2" length and 1' 2" width.

Now, I can be totally wrong in my appreciation.

Pierre.

You know, Andy once did an Arnhem Bridge diorama which is about 7 feet long, but that was a one of kind display item he made for the launch of his Arnhem series. It was on display at the Chicago Show for 2 or 3 years, then was sold by then Chicago dealer Bill Hurlburt to now Chicago dealer Bill Moore. Bill held onto it for years, displaying it in his basement, until he recently agreed to see it to Hans Hedrich.

So the only way I imagine Andy producing a Brandenburg Gate in the dimensions Pierre mentions was if he produced a one of a kind version for the launch of a big Berlin release. I just don't imagine that is very likely, although I would love to see Andy and Gordon's interpretation of the Gate.

Louis Badolato said:
So the only way I imagine Andy producing a Brandenburg Gate in the dimensions Pierre mentions was if he produced a one of a kind version for the launch of a big Berlin release. I just don't imagine that is very likely, although I would love to see Andy and Gordon's interpretation of the Gate.

I need a place to dock that 35 foot Bismarck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back