Best Movie Sountrack (1 Viewer)

Lewey Gun Vick

Sergeant Major
What is your favorite soundtrack/music from a movie?

Even though I am a WW2 guy I think that "Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day-Lewis is the best!

Hoozah,
Vick:D

What is your favorite soundtrack/music from a movie?

Even though I am a WW2 guy I think that "Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day-Lewis is the best!

Hoozah,
Vick:D

That is a good one. I would have to say that the soundtrack from the movie Garden State is one of my favorites although I know its not a war movie.

Take Care

Either American Graffitti or Saturday Night Fever.
Gary

The one I'm listening to at the moment... It sounds smart a%*'d but I'm serious. Soundtracks and movie music are one of my favorite genres of music. My taste can run from Benjamin Frankel's "Battle of the Bulge" soundtrack through "West Side Story" to "Star Trek" and on and on. For early rock 'n roll you can't beat "American Grafitti". For instrumentals I find myself drawn to Elmer Bernstein westerns ("Magnificent Seven, Big Jake, etc) or John Barry ("Born Free", early James Bond movies) or Dmitri Tiompkin ("Guns Of Navarone", "High Noon", "High and the Mighty").

Gary B.

Last Of The Mohicans scores high as does Thin Red Line. the music in L.A. Confidential is great too. -- lancer

Lord of the rings return of the king
Master and commander
Gettysburg
Last of the Mohicans

Havent found a 300 soundtrack
FUB

- The 'Burbs (Jerry Goldsmith)
- Adventures of Baron Munchausen (Michael Kamen)
- The Empire Strikes Back (John Williams)

Has to be Apocaylpse Now.

last of the mohicans, was an amazing soundtrack, also liked 'we were soldiers'
..an old one..Barry Lyndon and The Mission. Best fun sound track with a war connection Sound of Music:D

The best soundtracks ie not just the main theme but the whole darn thing are:-

3. Last of the Mohicans
2. Gettysburg
1. Patton-that haunting bugle piece whenever Patton refers to his previous warrior lives still raises the goose-flesh on me. Outstanding.

Reb

Any one composed by John Williams, but probably his classics:

"Star Wars"
"The Empire Strikes Back"
"Superman"

"Jaws" is good, too, with the iconic shark's theme, but there's a passage that plays, when Quint harpoons the shark and ties the barrels to him, to is too sprightly and out-of-place to the action.

And "The Godfather," also, not a Williams' work, but a cooperative composing effort.

I'm thinking only of original composition, not soundtracks that include music someone else wrote, like any rock tunes. Though their use may be effective in any given scene, that's the director's choice, and not a sign of musical talent on the part of a composer.

Prost!
Brad

I think therse have to be up there:

• Saving Private Ryan
  • Last of the Mohicans
  • Gettysburg
  • Gods and Generals
  • We Were Soldiers (Sergent MacKenzie)
  • Flags of Our Fathers
  • The Alamo (2004 version)
28 Days to O.S.T.N.! :eek::cool::D:)
Vick

Themes from films is a difficult one,but a few faves;

Battle of Britain
633 Squadron
Great Escape
Magnificent seven
Fistfull of Dollars
Good,the Bad and the Ugly
Zulu
Dam Busters
Dirty Harry
Jaws
Halloween (creepy but very effective)

Rob

Yo Troopers going off the track a bit lol. I have been meaning to ask all you US guys did you ever see the 1980s movie UNDER SIEGE starring Peter Strauss. No nothing like the later movie from Segal. It was a movie 20 years ahead of its time about terrorist bombing the USA. There was a big message there for the USA but nobody took any notice until 20 years later we had the disaster of 9/11. Its a pretty rare movie originally on VHS but just found a guy who put it on DVD for me its one great movie to watch, but cost me $40.00 its that hard to get, but well worth it.
Bernard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back