Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

Exceptional artillery related collection . . . we should get you together with Mark Hoffman. He has a collection dedicated to artillery with somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,000 to 9,000 figures and easily a couple of thousand guns. You two would have a lot to talk about.:wink2:

Hi Louis,
Thanks for your kind note. I would love to meet Mark, is he in the forum also?
Artillery-Crazy

Hi Louis,
Thanks for your kind note. I would love to meet Mark, is he in the forum also?
Artillery-Crazy

I don't know if he reads this forum, but I have never seen him post. He is one of the sponsors of the NY Toy Soldier Symposium each year, along with Lawrence Lo, Hans Hedrich and myself. His collection is one of the best I've ever had the privilege to see.

Exceptional artillery related collection . . . we should get you together with Mark Hoffman. He has a collection dedicated to artillery with somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,000 to 9,000 figures and easily a couple of thousand guns. You two would have a lot to talk about.:wink2:

Holy Moly, Truly astonishing........thousands of arty sets !!!!!

Very nice indeed, now you know you'll have to explain the 'How and Where' of that 'MOZZIE.
Thanks mate.
Wayne.

Cheers Wayne,

Despite the "Beaufighter" namesake, the dh98 is my favorite kite with the Beau a close second. So, what Mossie information do you need? I have a collection of at least 60 dh98 books alone including wartime manuals, etc. and two built up blind flying panels. You will love this-I have a FB version control column that I picked up from an RAAF cobber that flew the Mosquito. I have all of the Corgi 1:32 releases and two K&C wooden warbirds with one of them being a "one of." Yes, the dh98 is part of my DNA especially after spending two hours sitting in the prototype at the dh Heritage Center photographing every inch! So, anything you need that is Mosquito related, please fire away!

Keep The Blue Side Up,
Marc

Wayne, your range of dios is superb.

Some mossie shots of a 'new style K&C warbird', no Aussie markings I'm afraid. These were actually taken by Beaufighter, hope he doesn't mind ... presumably this is what you want - in the correct livery?

View attachment 93394View attachment 93395View attachment 93396

Of course not K! I love seeing your posts. In fact, seeing those dh98 Mosquito images instantly put me in a great mood. Hope you are doing well.

Hang Tough,
Marc

Cheers Wayne,

Despite the "Beaufighter" namesake, the dh98 is my favorite kite with the Beau a close second. So, what Mossie information do you need? I have a collection of at least 60 dh98 books alone including wartime manuals, etc. and two built up blind flying panels. You will love this-I have a FB version control column that I picked up from an RAAF cobber that flew the Mosquito. I have all of the Corgi 1:32 releases and two K&C wooden warbirds with one of them being a "one of." Yes, the dh98 is part of my DNA especially after spending two hours sitting in the prototype at the dh Heritage Center photographing every inch! So, anything you need that is Mosquito related, please fire away!

Keep The Blue Side Up,
Marc
MARC,
Thank you mate, a 'Mozzie' is one WW2 plane I'm keen on having and I wasn't aware that Corgi made a 1/32 scale. I will now have a look around for one, also I am looking thro all my dads old stuff trying to find what was a either a solid brass or metal 'Beaufighter' he had from the war, I have clear memories of seeing it when I was a kid and after seeing the model you posted I have been searching, but after so many moves over the years I fear it has been misplaced, I will keep looking.
Cheers,
Wayne.

Holy Moly, Truly astonishing........thousands of arty sets !!!!!

Yeah, and Mark's friend Charlie Zucker has thousands of toy soldiers . . . all camel related. Pretty much every camel related figure made by every manufacturer in the last 30 years or so.

Of course not K! I love seeing your posts. In fact, seeing those dh98 Mosquito images instantly put me in a great mood. Hope you are doing well.

Hang Tough,
Marc

Marc, thanks for your post - and your help towards the K&C book. A little bit of both:wink2:

IMG_4415red.jpgIMG_4416red.jpgIMG_4439red.jpgIMG_4437red.jpgIMG_7289red.jpg

Hopefully you'll continue to be bored Kevin and nice seeing you've gotten bored Jules very nicely staged and photograph. Thanks for sharing it with us.............The Lt.

Hang Tough,
Marc
My dad flew these during the war at RCAF 409sqd then the Mossie.

Wonderful thread ! Reminds me of my childhood when every cent of my allowance went into miniature soldiers at the five and dime.
I know that this will sound like a stupid question but are these purchased or made by the builder or a little of both?
I love this because it is pure storyboard diorama making without trying to be something else.My personal persuasion is towards scratch building and realism but I love the unpretentious of these dioramas not trying to be something that they are not.I must admit that when I first saw the bases left at the feet of the soldiers it bothered me,now I absolutely love the idea.This is diorama making in its purist form.Make up a story or depict a historical event,take some pics for the record,and take it all apart if you wish, which is a lot like movie making now that I come to think of it.. Great stuff ! Cheers! John.:)

Picture746-1-1-1.jpg

Too busy to be bored but here is a post from one of my 1/16th scale dioramas.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back