Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

IMG_2692-1-1-4.jpg
:smile2:

Wonderful thread ! Reminds me of my childhood when every cent of my allowance went into miniature soldiers at the five and dime.
I know that this will sound like a stupid question but are these purchased or made by the builder or a little of both?
I love this because it is pure storyboard diorama making without trying to be something else.My personal persuasion is towards scratch building and realism but I love the unpretentious of these dioramas not trying to be something that they are not.I must admit that when I first saw the bases left at the feet of the soldiers it bothered me,now I absolutely love the idea.This is diorama making in its purist form.Make up a story or depict a historical event,take some pics for the record,and take it all apart if you wish, which is a lot like movie making now that I come to think of it.. Great stuff ! Cheers! John.:)

Dear All,
I do not have the same artist ability as John.......congrats John....
But try time to time to set up a diorama with my boys and in the process teach them some history.....and the interest in the Hobby!!
Here are some pics....

IMG_2597.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2594.JPGIMG_2591.JPGIMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2558.JPG
    IMG_2558.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 96
Don't sell yourself short Artillery Crazy, your dio and pic's are awesome! Well done mate{bravo}}

Tom

Luiz, wonderful collection of vehicles, most impressive I've seen of that period. Chris

I recently picked up some Collector's Showcase Civil War figures from Jeff Bailey. They are very dynamic and go very well with my Conte figures.
csacwoutsidefrontwidegoodS.jpg

csacwoutsidecenterclS.jpg

csacwouysidecenterlowS.jpg

Nice to see you at play Joe it's been awhile and missed. The figures go well together as once again you brought your figures to life with your playtime.....The Lt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back