Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

I'm really enjoying these posts here. I did a couple of RAF scenes yesterday and posted them elsewhere on the forum but I'll add them here too as my contribution to this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 202
I'm really enjoying these posts here. I did a couple of RAF scenes yesterday and posted them elsewhere on the forum but I'll add them here too as my contribution to this thread.

Hi WWIIbuff, I really enjoyed looking at your RAF photos, very nice, thanks for posting...Sammy

Great and original. Beaufighter keeps telling me you can never have enough mosquitos. Wonder if he's right.

Carlos

Found myself bored once again an thought I'd join in in keeping the thread humming.Thanks Arty Crazy, Kevin, and Joe for keeping it humming ann got to agree with the UKReb on your photos Joe...........The Lt.

007-15.jpg

Joe, your camera skills get better and better. Especially the close ups. Oh yeah, love the subject matter too.

Carlos

To get a new set and add it to our collections is fantastic....to purchase them on a cast stage, do historical research as to the campaigns they took part, what Regiments were on site and then decide what they will look like when finished is even more challenging and exciting......more even so if you:

(1) Fortunate to tap into a situation where casts are still sold.....With all this China mass market stuff, getting nice casts or ask the casts to be set in certain fashion are as rare as a Dodo bird...
(2) If you have the painting skills.....Great! Better still if you have a friend who has the skill.....you keep the friendship flowing, discuss with him on the outcome of the project and see the final master piece!

Attached are samples of my last acquisitions that came in as un assembled castings and my good friend Obee applied his master skills and gave them life!!

Attachments

• Machinegunner 1.JPG
    Machinegunner 1.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Machinegunner 2.JPG
    Machinegunner 2.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Flag.JPG
    Flag.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 156
To get a new set and add it to our collections is fantastic....to purchase them on a cast stage, do historical research as to the campaigns they took part, what Regiments were on site and then decide what they will look like when finished is even more challenging and exciting......more even so if you:

(1) Fortunate to tap into a situation where casts are still sold.....With all this China mass market stuff, getting nice casts or ask the casts to be set in certain fashion are as rare as a Dodo bird...
(2) If you have the painting skills.....Great! Better still if you have a friend who has the skill.....you keep the friendship flowing, discuss with him on the outcome of the project and see the final master piece!

Attached are samples of my last acquisitions that came in as un assembled castings and my good friend Obee applied his master skills and gave them life!!

Very nice additions Luiz, beautifully painted by Obee ..... and those flags are awesome.{bravo}}

B.

Nice, but pretty sure the Mk 82a sonic blaster wasn't in general service until circa AD2850. And then only in a galaxy far, far away......

anyway - you are wrong - that is the mark 83, with bayonet fixing point

The Metal Shed WW1. I told myself I would not collect WW1, but you know what they say about chips and beer.

Attachments

• IMG_1087-2.jpg
    IMG_1087-2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 205
Hi Louis,

The wings fold in and a it comes with a tractor that pulls it. See you in Chicago.
That is a fantastic model of the Handley Page. The wings actually did fold back on the real thing. Beautiful model. Love all the Metal Shed products. -- Al

That is a fantastic model of the Handley Page. The wings actually did fold back on the real thing. Beautiful model. Love all the Metal Shed products. -- Al

I might have to create a Metal Shed Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back