Britain Smaller Scale "B Range" (2 Viewers)

I have finally completed repairing/refurbishing two more originals from Britains old "B" range (smaller scale of around 43mm). These two figures are dated 26.4.04 underneath each horse - which indicates that these two come from a mould that is 115 years old! I purchased these along with a few others from a lot of broken parts from an e-bay seller. They looked so bad - there were no other bidders!PIC_5203.JPGPIC_5204.JPG

Both figures were missing parts such as horse legs and the "moveable arm" which held a carbine. These have been replaced with spare parts from Andrew at Replica Model Soldiers. I also put each figure on a fabricated stand for the future - and repainted them.

These are somewhat unusual figures for Britains - as they represent mounted infantry, and are wearing side-caps. Britains never replicated these figures in a larger size - until many years later when they made some RAF figures in side-caps.

When painting, I changed the collar which would have originally been white to dark blue, but apart from that the colours are more or less the same as originals I have seen. Note that I also removed the original cast-in carbine from the holster on the horse - no need for two!

Here's a couple more original "B" range to show you - I've kept the Mounted Infantry in - to show similarities/differences in the castings.

My completed 1st Kings Dragoon Guard is also shown - along with another who will get the same paint job, as both had the remenants of paint for this Regiment. Note the repairs with Milliput (shows up white), which of course vanish once painted. Painting follows the originals.

Both of the Dragoon Guards are again dated beneath the horse "25.7.1904". Note the as yet unpainted or attached carbine arm - and the Milliput repair to the unwanted extra carbine which was attached to the scabbard on the horse, but is now removed.

PIC_5205.JPGPIC_5206.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back