Britains 2006 catalog (1 Viewer)

Shannon Reuss

Forum Administrator
Staff member
For those who want a sneak peek at the 2006 Britains catalogue, we have scanned the pages which include new items and will list them here. The files are a bit on the big side, so it may take time to load - but it will be well worth it!

As soon as they get us digital images we'll have it on the web site for pre-ordering. The first products are due in April.

2006Britains.jpg

I really like the look of the Kettenkrad and German paratroopers in Normandy.
I haven't bought any Britains figures since I bought the German paratrooper 3 pce squad and found the painting to be terrible.

Looking at this new series thhough i'm more than happy to give them another chance.

Britains has finally realised that their range needed improvement. I can say I'm very pleased with what I've seen yet. Keep up the good work...

Thank you Shannon! The Jackson in the valley range is a vast improvement and look very very good. I'll be adding these to my already swelled ranks of ACW .Time to start saving !
Thank you again for posting the catalog.:D
FUBAR

WOW...the buildings, walls etc would look great with K&C Napoleonics. Does anyone know if they are the same scale as K&C????????

Wellington........:rolleyes:

Wellington, Except for maybe DelPrado, Nothing is the same scale as King and Country!

thats silly on Britains part...don't you think.......;) If they thought about it they could have captured all the K&C collectors at the same time...I think K&C size is the wave of the future...how can they compete with quality if they remain the same size...I thought the whole reason for changing Britains was to improve quality??? I'm not saying they aren't nice but isn't it hard to compete with K&C if they are painting on a much smaller scale.....Sorry for the attitude just disappointed, I wanted to collect Britains Napoleonics if they do them but won't be now if I can't mix them with my K&C!!!!!

WELLINGTON

To me if King and Country are the leaders in toy soldiers then there must be a reason for it they are meeting the consumers demands....I think if Britains was the same size I think we would all be buying them and mixing them up with our K&C sets. I know I would be buying them..Britains is a good name.

Last edited:
Confused, how does improvement in quality equate to making them a larger scale? These are great quality buildings for collectors of 54-58mm figures. K&C is interesting to some and 54-58mm to others - big world, lots of waves. That said, Britains is looking at larger scale too - like I said, lots of waves and no one wave for everyone so we'll keep our options, ideas and minds open.
Richard Walker
General Manager
W. Britain

Wellington - forgot to add - thank you for the good thoughts and recognition of the good W. Britain name - you are exactly right - we should look at everything - and we will.

Be good,

Richard

Wellington, There are thousands and thousands of products in 1/32 scores of manufacturers for 54mm scale ,far, far more than in King and country scale.Believe it or not,the sun does not rise and set on KC and many of us prefer 54mm.If King and Country was 54mm , I'd buy them all and they would be my favorite line to collect.They simply are a scale to their own and not compatible with the countless products available to modelers and figure enthusiasts .I don't care to be at the Mercy of whatever KC decide to do.
I look at it the other way around. KC missed the boat by doing such large figures.See, some of us were kitbashing, painting, modeling and figure collecting long before KC.I have perhaps 50 KC troops out of the several thousand metals I own. Too bad. I know I am not alone in this attitude.
Britians can compete just fine in 54mm with the quality improved with Ken Osens new sculpts.
FUBAR

I meant painting figures on a smaller scale is harder, you are right the buildings are great....I'm very jealous now that I know none of my troops can stand beside them. I do have an open mind and was hoping I could collect more than K&C... for instance colleting Britains. I think it would give K&C a run for their money, but its difficult for me to buy them when they won't fit. They will be great for others who have smaller scaled sets. I hope they do come up with a larger scale.

Cheers
WELLINGTON

PS They look great no one said they didn't. You are both right there are far more of the smaller scale figures out there and yes it was all done long before K&C and no I don't let K&C rule my life...I just wanted to collect some Britains and am a little disappointed.
One more thing I must have stepped on some toes because FUBAR never gets upset with what I say...better watch what I have to say in the future.

Oh yes didn't mean to offend anyone was just stating my thoughts and yes again you are right they will compete just fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back