Britains Gallipoli Set (1 Viewer)

DMNamiot

Hi All,

I was doing some research into some other Britains sets when I found a set called The Gallipoli Tactical Scene set numbers 00330, 00331, 00332.

Do any of you have this set or have you seen it? Next, is it worth finding? It looked very interesting but I have never actually seen one.

Dave

Hi
I also came across advertising for this set,as a future release
but i,m not sure it was ever made .The catalogue i had
stated the australian war museum was selling them.But i have never
seen another reference to these sets until now.I would love to
get hold of those if they made them.

The Gallipoli sets were featured on the back page of the Britains 2000 catalog and were never produced. I had Aussie customers waiting for them to come out and so I remember asking Britains about them in 2001. I don't know if the deal with the Australian War Memorial fell through or what. The last part of the preview says "for further details of the Australian Edition of the Gallipoli Lone Pine Collection, contact The Australian William Britain Distributor." I would assume that was Peter Nathan but they list Contemporary Collectables.
When I asked my sales rep they said they were never produced, but who knows, maybe it turned out to be an exclusive limited deal with the Australian War Memorial.

Maybe this is something that Britains could make. I think it would have a lot of appeal.

Sadly, it was never made - looked like it would have been a great series. Found some of the original sculpts the other day. Really like the idea and plan to come back to it at some point. I wish we could do all these projects at once but do not want to overwhelm you guys and break the budget at the same time. The solution is simple - 10,000 new collectors to make doing many more sets sensible or all of the existing collectors out there become millionaires over night with $10,000 per month toy soldier budgets! So, needless to say - tell your friends, tell your relatives, get your kids and their friends interested in toy soldier collecting!

Richard Walker
General Manager
W. Britain

Hi All,

I am totally bummed it wasnt produced. It looked like a great set and maybe you should look to do it in the not too distant future, maybe for the 100th anniversary which is in a few years. Thanks for the answer to this question Richard.

Dave

What a shame that wasn't issued, I do have some sorta Gallipoli figures being the Del Prado: Sergeant AIF Australia 1918, and Infantryman Ottoman Empire 1914. The Sergeant has a slouch hat being the European Theatre I guess, but on Gallipoli my Gradfather reckoned most Aussies (including himself) used to wear a capped hat similar to what officers have. Together with cut-off trousers (long shorts) and an undershirt (no tunic shirt) as it was so hot - the Aussies didn't worry to much about dress regulations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back