Britains Stalingrad Series (2 Viewers)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
Last night I received 6 sets from the new Stalingrad series.
Opened the German sets first and was thinking these are pretty nice.
Then I opened the Russians, they appear to be larger and when a few of them are placed side by side with a German, they almost appear out of scale.
Especially a standing shooting Russian, he is huge.
It is almost as if the Germans are a small scale 54mm and the Russians a large scale 54mm or even bigger.
So I went from impressed to somewhat pi----.
Anyone else notice this?
Gary

I haven't seen those sets. However over the last year or so I've noticed wide variation in Britains sizes. For example many of the figures that come with the WW II Artillery Sets are huge being similar in size to K & C figures. I suspect the differences due to the different methods of calculating the 54 mm size. For example some people measure the 54 mm from the boot sole to top of head and some from boot sole to eye level, the later being taller than you would think and often more chunkier. Of course it could simply be that guys in Artillery tend to be bigger :)

Thats too bad.I noticed the add on set for the Strike force American Airborne set , the guys were HUGE.Nice figures, just really big and I have had my doubts abut getting the main set.

I was considering buying the new Stalingrad series since I have x 6 t/34's and looking for troops for a soviet horde.HMMMM?
I think/hope that with the new sculpts they are doing we wont run into that problem.

FUBAR

Keep in mind that these Stalingrad releases are the last of the RC2 sculpts. I believe the new regime at First Gear plans to make their releases "true 54mm" and will keep all figures the same size across the board.

Gary, How to the Soviet figures match up to the K&C figures. I know you said they are bigger, but how close to K&C if possible. I like the sculpts from what I can tell in the photos and thought they might flesh out my Red Army nicely if the size was close.

Thanks

Bill

The Russians are still to small to match up with K&C, although the one figure gives it a good try.
Gary

Dang, thats a shame. I really liked the design of them, but if they aren't going to fit in, it wont make any sense gettin them.

Thanks
Bill

Hi,
I think everybody is expecting a Britains fresh start, so these Stalingrad sets are something of...a disappointment. I hope K&C will get back to Stalingrad, and from what I've seen about Britains upcoming releases, a fresh start it will be. These Stalingrad figures are sort of left out in a limbo, between the old and the new Britains. It would not be a surprise if they would not sell too well.

H. collecting,
Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back