Britain's website. (1 Viewer)

chetshwayo

Private
The Britain's website has changed and it only seems to be for the USA and is only in dollars. Perhaps Ken will shed some light on this please.

Hmm a whole new web layout. Maybe a work in progress still. Still appears to show everything. Just have to get use of the new format. Robin.

The Britain's website has changed and it only seems to be for the USA and is only in dollars. Perhaps Ken will shed some light on this please.

I have just seen the site and as a Uk collector am slightly worried. The sites appears to be just for the US market with overseas buys having to pay increases shipping charges and Fluctuating exchange rate (and most likely extra import taxes). You can not even join the Uk collectors club online line now.
Is this the end of W Britains long standing connection with the UK? I also hope that non US collectors are not being seen as second rate in the eyes of Britains.

Let just hope they have been slow in the implementation of UK element of the site.

I have Just noticed this myself and just thought the link I had saved had timed out or something.

I don't like this pricing format. I want to see UK Pound Stirling prices.

Britains please bring back the option to go to the US or UK portion of the site.

I personally like the new format. Maybe they are working on a UK version and it just hasn't gone live yet. :confused:

I personally like the new format. Maybe they are working on a UK version and it just hasn't gone live yet. :confused:

I have just noticed on the site that on the find retailer section the UK is not a selection option in the drop down box, this may suggest the UK will have a separate web pageant like before.

I did see on Don Troiani's Facebook page that Britain's is going to take over his print business in the future. I guess I'll now be able to buy my art and toy soldiers in the same place.

I have just noticed on the site that on the find retailer section the UK is not a selection option in the drop down box, this may suggest the UK will have a separate web pageant like before.

Sorry that was ment to say webpage not pageant. The joys of predictive text.

I noticed that also. I could be wrong but I thought they had an English distributor.

I hope this is just because the new website is a 'work in progress'. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Hello all,
I see that many have already visited our new website. It was long overdue for revision, but the acquisition of Don Troiani's Historical Art Print business pushed our deadline to go 'live'.

The website, like any reasonably good one will grow and change as we move forward. The site as you view it, is a work in progress and many of the areas for the UK and EU are still being updated.
In the short term you will notice that some of your inquires will be directed to Bachmann UK for the club and club products.

Like the US, the UK will also have the Google map store locator feature. We are inputting that data this week and hopefully you find it a useful tool.

Please check back to the website for updates and if you have any additional questions please feel free to ask.

I hope this helps a bit,
Ken Osen

I wrote to Katie Hines at the old e-mail hoping they reestablish the European contact early!

Is this the end of the current UK distributors? I have noticed some changes, such as Grey Goose distributing the Sierria Soldiers 'exclusive'* and I notice that some of the figures I bought through mail order I received them from Magpies in Evesham............

I think we are due for a new distributor in the UK

*those of us in the UK will remember being told there would be no one except for Sierra distributing it and many people bought it from the States and paid import duty etc.

Hi,
Can somebody tell me when the WB website will be updated to show prices in £s please? It is getting very confusing trying to budget over here in the UK.

Pete

Hi,
Can somebody tell me when the WB website will be updated to show prices in £s please? It is getting very confusing trying to budget over here in the UK.

Pete

Also, It's coming up to Christmas, which I presume is a key selling time for retail.

Hi,

Pete

UK price lists were added to the website today for reference. As soon as the the winter catalog is released we will update the site with the most recent lists.
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back