Broken Flying Tigers Canopy (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
For Pete's sake...when Taking my Flying Tigers p-40 out of the box, I snapped off the rail on one side of the canopy so now only one side can slide on. Is there a chance of ordering a replacement or am I stuck just gluing the thing back together? Thanks

When you say the canopy, do you mean the plastic part that comes with the plane?

Brad

Sounds like he means the lower edge of the clear plastic canopy that has the raised guide ridge molded into it. Depending on the cleanliness of the break, it might be a simple super-glue repair. -- Al

Yes, it might. You can ask K & C but I doubt that he would have an extra. However, you never know.

And be careful gluing clear plastic canopies as the vapor from superglue will set fingerprints for ever.

Yes, it might. You can ask K & C but I doubt that he would have an extra. However, you never know.

KC replaced the broken propeller of my Feisseler Storch and stand that cracked. No harm in trying.

N-P

The only difference is that the Storch is a wooden item made by the workshop and the other a production item.

Sounds like he means the lower edge of the clear plastic canopy that has the raised guide ridge molded into it. Depending on the cleanliness of the break, it might be a simple super-glue repair. -- Al

Yup - that's it.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll contact them and see what happens.

It's a pity that K&C's poly-resin planes have such crappy canopies while their wooden cousins have clear
beautifully moulded canopies that actually fit!

For Pete's sake...when Taking my Flying Tigers p-40 out of the box, I snapped off the rail on one side of the canopy so now only one side can slide on. Is there a chance of ordering a replacement or am I stuck just gluing the thing back together? Thanks

Hi Zblang,

Can you send pictures about the broken part.

Faithfully
Valmy

Here is a bad copy of the canopy. You can see the very bottom is snapped off. The part that would attach to the rail... (I have no idea how to rotate the image, but you can still see it)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 78
Here is a copy of my half A$$ed dio. I haven't gotten to actually do anything with it yet...

Attachments

• photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 91
Here is a bad copy of the canopy. You can see the very bottom is snapped off. The part that would attach to the rail... (I have no idea how to rotate the image, but you can still see it)

OK I see

Give me the dimensions of the piece in cm (length, height, width), I've an idea.

Faithfully

Valmy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back