Broken in the boxes (2 Viewers)

Yeah cut off all of the swordblade that remains. Get a pin vise drill a hole in the hilt. Then take an apropriate size piece of wire and flaten it. Once it is flat put it in the hole and superglue it. Then paint. Better than new.

I purchased a set of all 8 of the Guard Chassuers .x2 were pretty beat up in the box. Loose parts or parts that had come off altogether. No problem, I just glued them back together and did a little paint touch up.
One of the swords was a bit weak too.Actually all are very delicate.I had thought to do Vamps method of replacement on all of them.I'll wait until I actually break one off , But that is a good method.
You can get metal and brass flat stock at the hobby shop rather than flatten out wire.
fUbaR

I should have added that the Chassuer's are simply splendid! Very dynamic, exciting poses beautifully crafted model soldiers.A real shot in the arm to my Napoleonic French collection.
FubAr

I should have added that the Chassuer's are simply splendid! Very dynamic, exciting poses beautifully crafted model soldiers.A real shot in the arm to my Napoleonic French collection.
FubAr

They really are, aren't they?

Could it be the glue that is used? I just got the Chasseur flagbearer today and the upraised arm and horsetail are loose, almost off the figure completely..

I hate broken swords and broken spears.

Even after you fix them, you never feel good about them.

Anybody got any tricks on broken swords?

Michael

Yes...file down the remaining sword nub and replace is with a pistol...it won't break off as easily and is more effective in combat!

I always bring a gun to a knife fight! :)

Could it be the glue that is used? I just got the Chasseur flagbearer today and the upraised arm and horsetail are loose, almost off the figure completely..

Mine had a very loose upraised arm as well, which fell off when I gently placed the flag in it. I could glue it back on, but I am not that good with touch-up paint. One horse leg needs touch-up paint as well.

Mine had a very loose upraised arm as well, which fell off when I gently placed the flag in it. I could glue it back on, but I am not that good with touch-up paint. One horse leg needs touch-up paint as well.

I think the bottom line is the boxes are too small for the pieces and lets face it the swords too long and thin.

While we just shipped about 2000 of these bad boys and 99% have been great we can certainly do better. We have another set coming out in about 60-90 days and we just shortened the swords a bit while making the thicker while growing the size of the box.

But you know one thing, lets face it the figures are fantastic, but delicate. They need really to be packed right always to make the journey fraught with the dangers of being dropped a multitude of times, kicked etc.

Anyhow enjoy them and as always, we replace for free! So if you need to swap one out, anywhere in the world, just holler and we'll take good care of you!

TallyHooo!

regards,

Brian

I think the bottom line is the boxes are too small for the pieces and lets face it the swords too long and thin.

While we just shipped about 2000 of these bad boys and 99% have been great we can certainly do better. We have another set coming out in about 60-90 days and we just shortened the swords a bit while making the thicker while growing the size of the box.

But you know one thing, lets face it the figures are fantastic, but delicate. They need really to be packed right always to make the journey fraught with the dangers of being dropped a multitude of times, kicked etc.

Anyhow enjoy them and as always, we replace for free! So if you need to swap one out, anywhere in the world, just holler and we'll take good care of you!

TallyHooo!

regards,

Brian

I appreciate the good service. I should have added to my post that I know that I can easily get a replacement that will be in perfect condition.

Receive this morning a new chasseur as a gift . Very special tahnx to Brian, for its kindness and its serious .

Receive this morning a new chasseur as a gift . Very special tahnx to Brian, for its kindness and its serious .

I'm glad that someone is happy. I'm still waiting for my replacement for my damaged soldier, which I requested from the retailer on June 8th...

We can send you your replacement direct if you like direct.

regards,

Brian

Thank you for your prompt and courteous post. I think that the retailer has already asked you to send a replacement, albeit belatedly. I have e-mailed the retailer to find out for sure.
I apologize to all for my earlier post. I was frustrated with the retailer, not the manufacturer. Still, I should have kept my frustration to myself.
I have always admired Collector's Showcase products; I just need to find a relaible retalier.

Never try repairs before you attach the sword. Adhere the sword as it came of and use something like a mini-peg to hole while drying. Once this is complete then address any bits that need filing etc and then repaint.

Even if the sword is say, twisted or bent glue it back in that position as it can be straightened with pliers snip nosed after to get it to the right shape.

I have done similar and its has worked for collectors in the UK and, with things like rifles and tank barrels.
Hope it helps
Mitch

Yeah cut off all of the swordblade that remains. Get a pin vise drill a hole in the hilt. Then take an apropriate size piece of wire and flaten it. Once it is flat put it in the hole and superglue it. Then paint. Better than new.

We can send you your replacement direct if you like direct.

regards,

Brian

I love the way you do business Brian...

no arguements...no questions...no explanations...

just quick to offer a replacement...

both curteous and sincere in your quick responses...

gotta love a man that stands behind his product and reputation...

:)

I love the way you do business Brian...

no arguements...no questions...no explanations...

just quick to offer a replacement...

both curteous and sincere in your quick responses...

gotta love a man that stands behind his product and reputation...

:)

You know the philosophy is real simple: The customer is the boss, he's the guy that employs you. The customer is the reason for your " employment ", its not the other way around. Being in this business for about six years now and dealing with so many vendors, competitors and customers it amazes me that some folks get it backwards so often.

We'll do anything to keep a customer or retailer happy, if that means getting him a new product or a little perk; if he's happy with the given outcome then we're happy to!

Best regards,

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back