Bunker / Gun Emplacement scene (4 Viewers)

Beginning to add foliage. This will require patience since more looks better

We decided to add a few stumps and additional fallen trees plus some bunker scraps.

Just awesome, Frank!:salute:: I put you in the same select group as Ken Osen and the late great Gordon Neilson, when it comes to building phenomenally realistic dioramas! ^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Frank....spectacular work! I appreciate the step-by-step process you have given us.

Mark

The roof of the bunker started to take on a serious bow. This was always a concern and why we let the thick celluclay on the roof dry for a week with the roof weighed down to a flat surface. By carefully supporting the ends I pressed the area with the worst curve until the glue line between the logs there cracked. I was worried the roof would crack in half. Fortunately it didn't.

Progress to date

This has been an outstanding step by step progression of yet another one of your fantastic diorama creations. I've thoroughly enjoyed every step of the way.

Mike

Back to the hobby store. The amount of items on this board is ridiculous. More is better.....

So enjoyable watching your process of making this large dio base. Thanks for spending the time to photograph and post the many steps.
- I'm finding it both inspiring and daunting at the same time.

So enjoyable watching your process of making this large dio base. Thanks for spending the time to photograph and post the many steps.
- I'm finding it both inspiring and daunting at the same time.

Daunting is a good description. Smaller dios/vignettes would be much easier to detail simply due to scale. Some tradeoffs have to be made with this much area to cover. I'm curious to see when it will feel finished.

We continue to fill in bare areas and layer the various elements including dirt paint mixed with static grass for that stomped down look.

There is even some dried basil

The forest litter and sticks will be scattered as the last layer once everything else is done.

Current state. It's actually getting harder to find places to stick things, which is good. We still have some bushes and additional grass tufts inbound. Hopefully within a couple of weeks we will have all the materials and can complete this years project. I'm looking forward to getting this into the photography room and trying different backdrops with it.

Frank.....love the attention to details. Just a super impressive piece!

Mark

Amazing amount of detail Frank. Quite often it's the very small details that make a huge difference. Your current project is a good example. Outstanding!

Mike

Still waiting for a batch of bushes but close enough to move the board into the studio.

Adding the stones to the walls

Time to add some of the loose bits like sticks and leaf litter. This can be adjusted as required.

Setup the gun pit

Quick shot with the iPhone. The background will change the character of the scene.

Today we'll take some test shots.

OMG, so glad I stumbled into this thread, so many great tips to digest and use....not to mention an incredible scene

Users who are viewing this thread

Back