Buyer questions on eBay... (1 Viewer)

Builtrite

Corporal
I received a question from a buyer on one of my items I'm selling on eBay this week...the question is not important...but as a seller, when you receive a question..do you ever ask yourself "why is this buyer even looking at this auction?" or "where and how did they come up with a question like that"...Just one of those things....Wanted to hear what others are thinking out there..:cool:

I'll second Mitch's question--it's hard to answer your question, without more details. What is the item, for example, and what was his question?

Prost!
Brad

I hate to admit it...but I'm the guy asking the questions usually...

:eek::eek::eek:

if the dimension are not stated on the scale of a diorama piece in the ad...

if the status of the availability of the original box for a figure is not mentioned...

if...if...if...etc...whatever...

if I'm not sure about the product being sold...

I ask questions before I bid...

People are funny creatures aren't they, the dumbest question I was ever asked (not ebay related however) was if they could pay their bill by faxing cash!!

I almost felt like saying yes, go ahead and I will just colour in the bills when I receive them !

You can't make this stuff up! :eek:

Brad and Mitch, my intent is not to embarras anyone..and if the bidder is a treefrogger..I don't want to do that...The question only triggered a thought process...and I was asking in general as a seller...the items are all toy soldiers...Mike your questions are on point with the hobby..and collecting...For me an example from several months ago was...I was asked why my Britains pak 40 was not the same color as his...When I inquired...he replied back that he thought he was looking at a real pak 40...um, really? :eek:

That's OK, I didn't think you meant to embarass anyone, but from your original post, we really couldn't give a well thought-out response.

His first question is reasonable, but the followup comment is odd.

As to asking questions, I ask sellers all the time, especially if they write something in the description that seems off, or I offer additional info, if the seller writes that he doesn't know anything about the piece, or especially if he misidentifies something, or has some other kind of mistake. I've gotten positive responses in all but one instance, where the seller saw fit to respond with an F-bomb laden eBay PM.

Prost!
Brad

I think it goes with the territory. If you sell then you are going to be asked questions which, may seem strange to you (especially, if you know a lot about the product) as buyers may not know much about a certain product. I don't buy from such places but, would ask hundereds of questions as I do on other things to make sure I fully understand what I am getting for my hard earned money.

The crackerjack stuff either intentionally or by stupidity always makes me smile as it shows how many people walk our streets that should not be
Mitch

People are funny creatures aren't they, the dumbest question I was ever asked (not ebay related however) was if they could pay their bill by faxing cash!!

I almost felt like saying yes, go ahead and I will just colour in the bills when I receive them !

No, noooo...you've got to be kidding...:D:D:D:D

Paulo

as odd or self explained as some questions are, I'd rather that people ask instead of bid and have a problem. even if my response is simply to actually read the listing.

I just got an angry email froma buyer on a Herpa airplane. She said that my photograph was intentionally deceptive to trick people into buying what they thought was a "full scale" model.

I responded that "full scale" means that she'd have to pick her "model" up at the local airport and pray that it fits in the drive way and I also asked if she understood what 1:400 scale means as the scale was mentioned in the auction title and the photographs. Still no response.

as odd or self explained as some questions are, i'd rather that people ask instead of bid and have a problem. Even if my response is simply to actually read the listing.

I just got an angry email froma buyer on a herpa airplane. She said that my photograph was intentionally deceptive to trick people into buying what they thought was a "full scale" model.

I responded that "full scale" means that she'd have to pick her "model" up at the local airport and pray that it fits in the drive way and i also asked if she understood what 1:400 scale means as the scale was mentioned in the auction title and the photographs. Still no response.

lol!!!

Now Scott, I was just going to ask if you would fax me some of that Canuk Beer;) Moslon or whatever....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back