Castrum (1 Viewer)

waynepoo

Colonel
I was tasked with 'Can you make me a Roman Fort', so I had a go......the result.

I love that and I especially love that it's made to used from the inside. Too many are made to be seen from the outside in "attacking" dioramas. I love that this can be used for a daily life inside the fort diorama!

Scratchbuilt? It's fantastic work! How did you build it, what materials did you use, etc?

Prost!
Brad

You sir are a very talented man.Awesome job.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark

No question whether you can make a Roman Fort Wayne, you certainly can, this is spot on. With the abundance of Roman figures on the market, this is a magic diorama piece to accommodate them. You may need to clone some more. :salute::, Robin.

Great level of detail on the Roman fortification....but what really caught my eye was what you were watching on your computer screen.....^&grin^&grin^&grin lots of concentration there.....{sm3}

I was tasked with 'Can you make me a Roman Fort', so I had a go......the result.

Your excellent model of a Roman Fort entrance Wayne, reminded me very much of The North Gate of Cardiff Castle (back in my home town) in South Wales. The gateway there is a reconstruction - built at the end of the C.18th, but, is said to be the most perfect example of a Roman fotification gateway there is.

I think it is one of the most forgotten parts of the Castle - as it's really "the back door" nowadays - but well worth a look.

Here's a few Google Images. jb

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...KMAKHVSjB2IQ_AUICSgC&biw=1511&bih=708&dpr=0.9

Hey Wayne, great looking fort that allows a variety of display alternatives.

{eek3}Awesome......^&cool

I love that and I especially love that it's made to used from the inside. Too many are made to be seen from the outside in "attacking" dioramas. I love that this can be used for a daily life inside the fort diorama!

You sir are a very talented man.Awesome job.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark

No question whether you can make a Roman Fort Wayne, you certainly can, this is spot on. With the abundance of Roman figures on the market, this is a magic diorama piece to accommodate them. You may need to clone some more. :salute::, Robin.

Hey Wayne, great looking fort that allows a variety of display alternatives.

Gentlemen thank you.

Scratchbuilt? It's fantastic work! How did you build it, what materials did you use, etc?

Prost!
Brad
Many, many miniature blocks / bricks cast over a great deal of time, a bag of polyfiller used as the render, balsa wood and paddlepop sticks, pins , glue and lots of patience. Basically brick laying in miniature.......

Great level of detail on the Roman fortification....but what really caught my eye was what you were watching on your computer screen.....^&grin^&grin^&grin lots of concentration there.....{sm3}
Lewis I have no idea what you are referring to.....::wink2:

That is a very big project but you have pulled it off Wayne. Well done mate.

Tom

Really great job on such a large project, the weathering really makes it pop!
Ray

Wayne,knowing how you make the bricks,this is truly a massive undertaking.The result is extraordinarily good.I am really impressed with the tiles-totally realistic.Did you have pictures or diagrams to work from?It reminds me of the "Mile Forts along Hadrian's Wall.Well done that man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back