Chicago Toy Soldier Show Treasure Hunt Is On! (1 Viewer)

Shall we start off with a bang for our first stop today?

And BANG here we go!

WHAT IS THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF KONIGSTIGER?
  • Bengal Tiger
  • Tiger Kong
  • King Tiger

View attachment 252883

The Tiger II is a German heavy tank of the Second World War. The final official German designation was Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. B, often shortened to Tiger B. The ordnance inventory designation was Sd.Kfz. 182. It is also known under the informal name Königstiger (the German name for the Bengal tiger), often translated literally as Royal Tiger, or somewhat incorrectly as King Tiger by Allied soldiers, especially by American forces.
The Tiger II was the successor to the Tiger I, combining the latter's thick armour with the armour sloping used on the Panther medium tank. The tank weighed almost 70 tonnes, and was protected by 100 to 185 mm (3.9 to 7.3 in) of armour to the front. It was armed with the long barrelled 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 anti-tank cannon. The chassis was also the basis for the Jagdtiger turretless Jagdpanzer anti-tank vehicle.
The Tiger II was issued to heavy tank battalions of the Army and the Waffen-SS. It was first used in combat by 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion during the Allied invasion of Normandy on 11 July 1944; on the Eastern Front, the first unit to be outfitted with the Tiger II was the 501st Heavy Panzer Battalion, which by 1 September 1944 listed 25 Tiger IIs operational.

View attachment 252884
The JJD King Tiger includes the normal features such as interior detail and opening hatches.

View attachment 252885

View attachment 252886

View attachment 252887

More pictures forthcoming and more details in the future......

Your patience will be rewarded - I can guarantee it!

Julie

May i know when it will available to purchase

May i know when it will available to purchase

The first version of the JJD King Tiger will be available to pre-order in October 2019 (NEXT MONTH!?!?!?!?!)

This was previously posted.

Mark

The first version of the JJD King Tiger will be available to pre-order in October 2019 (NEXT MONTH!?!?!?!?!)

This was previously posted.

Mark

Thanks mark. My apology. didn't read carefully

Thanks mark. My apology. didn't read carefully

No need to apologise happy to assist

I think the KT in camo will be brilliant have just asked my local TS shop to include me in the pre-order

Fingers crossed JJD also does a winter version and speaking of winter where is the Stug III in winter

Mark

Next stop was the adjoining rooms that George and his Larry occupy on the 5th floor.

The Command sets for the Late Republican Roman army were previewed by George Guerriera(o) of Minutemen Toy Soldiers.

GG-0.jpg

By the first decades of the 1st century, the COHORT had replaced the maniple as the standard tactical unit of the legions.
The three lines of the manipular legion were combined to form the cohort, which generally numbered about 480 to 500 men. Maniples and centuries continued to be used as military and administrative subdivisions for the cohort.
There were six centuries in a cohort, which were now all 80-men strong.
Each Centuria was commanded by a Centurion, and also included an Optio, a Signifer and a Cornicen.

A Centurion at this time can be distinguished from other Legionaries by several methods. He usually wore greaves, and the crest of his helmet was usually turned so it ran transversely across the helmet. His sword was worn on the left and his dagger on the right which is the opposite of a Legionaire.
GG-1.jpg
An Optio was an officer appointed by the centurion, and was stationed at the rear of the centuria to keep the troops in order. Their duties would include enforcing the orders of the centurion, taking over the centurion's command in battle should the need arise, supervising his subordinates, and a variety of administration duties. Optio pay was double the standard legionary pay and they were the most likely men to replace the centurion if the position became vacant.

The Centurions also appointed the bravest men as standard bearers, or Signifers.
A signifer was a standard bearer of the Roman legions. He carried a signum (standard) for a cohort or century. Each century had a signifer so there were 59 in a legion. Within each cohort, the first century's signifer would be the senior one.
The signum that he carried was the military emblem of that unit. It had a number of phalarae (disks or medallions) along with a number of other elements mounted on a pole. The pole could be topped with a leaf-shaped spear head or later a manus (open human hand) image denoting the oath of loyalty taken by the soldiers. It sometimes included a representation of a wreath, probably denoting an honour or award.
The task of carrying the signum in battle was dangerous, as the soldier had to stand in the first rank and could carry only a small buckler. It was that banner that the men from each individual century would rally around. A soldier could also gain the position of discentes signiferorum, or standard bearer in training. If the signifer was lost in battle, the whole unit was dishonored.
In addition to carrying the signum, the signifer also assumed responsibility for the financial administration of the unit and functioned as the legionaries' banker. He was paid twice the basic wage.
GG-2.jpg

Each Centuria would also contain a hornblower or Cornicines. A cornicen (plural cornicines) was a junior officer in the Roman Army. The cornicen's job was to signal salutes to officers and sound orders to the legions. The cornicines played the cornu (making him an aeneator). Cornicines always marched at the head of the centuries, with the signifer. The cornicines were also used as assistants to a centurion (like an optio). The cornicen was a duplicary or a soldier who got double the basic pay of the legionary.

GG-3.jpg
The legion was now composed of ten cohorts rather than thirty maniples, and numbered an average of about 5,000 men.

GG-5.jpg

Its been a while since there were any new releases for the later Republican Romans, but these are worth worth waiting for!
Mike Miller, I KNOW these are not in color photos but we all know these white shield Republican Romans are definitely on his want list!
DRAGOON will also be able to add these command sets to his impressive pictures he has recently posted.

Defend your forts against the hordes that continue to swarm them!!!!

Julie

Thanks John, - They look GREAT.

240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg

Next stop was the adjoining rooms that George and his Larry occupy on the 5th floor.

The Command sets for the Late Republican Roman army were previewed by George Guerriera(o) of Minutemen Toy Soldiers.

Its been a while since there were any new releases for the later Republican Romans, but these are worth worth waiting for!
Mike Miller, I KNOW these are not in color photos but we all know these white shield Republican Romans are definitely on his want list!
DRAGOON will also be able to add these command sets to his impressive pictures he has recently posted.

Defend your forts against the hordes that continue to swarm them!!!!

Julie

oooh my my...
oooh hell yes...
honey put on that party dress!

it has been a while since we have seen some Late Republic Romans with the white shields...
but to see a whole Command set ready to start coming out is great news and certainly worth the wait...
all my Romans are running around willy-nilly...
completely undisciplined right now without officers...
they need discipline and direction...
this is a great looking group of figures...
really looking forward to this...
thank you for the news Julie...
thank you John!

Attachments

• 101_3307.jpg
    101_3307.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 513
  • 101_3308.jpg
    101_3308.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 539
  • 101_3309.jpg
    101_3309.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 101_3310.jpg
    101_3310.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 573
Wow this looks awesome. Can’t wait to see what camouflage to be applied.

I was going to ask the same question, a camo [please not whitewashed] version for the Battle of the Bulge would be a big YES from me and I will be bugging Clive from Grey Goose in The UK for one.

Quick shout out to Julie on this busy weekend. - Thanks so much for keeping us updated with these JJD Treasure Hunt reveals.... Almost as fun as being there.
Much appreciated. Have a great show.

Shall we play the "Where's Waldo/Tim Tyler" portion of the Treasure Hunt? Always a fun one!
Check out front of the hotel, the bar or my room if you are looking for him!
And one resourceful hunter Googled "Tim Tyler Jacksonville" and found his photo online! Modern technology.....

Many thanks to Tim Tyler for presenting the prototypes of 3 new French and Indian War figures based on characters from the Last of the Mohecans movie.
These figures will be a welcome addition to any 18th century collection.

WHO WAS THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS?
  • Uncas
  • Chingachgook
  • Natty Bumpo

Look at Tim's reaction during the 'reveal'.
TT-1.jpg

TT-2.jpg

TT-3.jpg

TT-4.jpg

TT-6.jpg

Availability will be early 2020.
Also on John’s list of items to make for Mike Miller are these 3 charging Woodland Indians.

So it goes to say....Mike Miller do you regret not hopping on a plane and attending?!?!?!?! ^&grin

Julie

Also on John’s list of items to make for Mike Miller are these 3 charging Woodland Indians.

So it goes to say....Mike Miller do you regret not hopping on a plane and attending?!?!?!?! ^&grin

Julie

Natty Bumpo?

awwwwwww...don't rub it in...
yes I do regret it...
it's all Zach's fault...

I talked to John just a few weeks ago...
if he had told me all these figures were gonna be previewed at the show this year...
I would have gone...
I'm already knew I was gonna miss getting wasted with George and the Treefrog members in the lobby...
and of course you Julie!

I'm getting these guys too...
good work John...
thanks for posting Julie...

I was going to ask the same question, a camo [please not whitewashed] version for the Battle of the Bulge would be a big YES from me and I will be bugging Clive from Grey Goose in The UK for one.

Yes and maybe something form Arnhem

Good morning or evening depending on where you are!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH - some people like to sleep at this event. Not sure why?

Quiet.jpg

The shenanigans you need to be here to experience!

Before I have a short walk in the outdoors (rare on these weekends when you are working!), I will post a quick stop in Nick's room.
If you have never been here to this event, the hallways cloverleaf off of a central elevator landing zone. And for some odd reason even after all these years I get lost trying to find Crown! Crazy mouse in a maze feeling.....

But back to the matter at hand.....or foot!

WHAT IS THE PERSIAN WORD FOR CAVALRY?
  • Pasti
  • Usabari
  • Assabari
Cr-1.jpg
Many thanks to Nick Cameron of Crown Military Miniatures for presenting 8 new Achaemenid Persian Cavalry figures, for the Armies and Enemies Of Greece and Macedonia.
Cr-2.jpg
The Achaemenid Empire c. 550–330 BC, also called the First Persian Empire, was an ancient Iranian empire based in Western Asia founded by Cyrus the Great. Ranging at its greatest extent from the Balkans in the west to the Indus Valley in the east, it was larger than any previous empire in history, spanning 5.5 (or 8) million square kilometers. Incorporating various peoples of different origins and faiths, it is notable for its successful model of a centralized, bureaucratic administration (through satraps under the King of Kings), for building infrastructure such as road systems and a postal system, the use of an official language across its territories, and the development of civil services and a large professional army. The empire's successes inspired similar systems in later empires
In the 6th and early part of the 5th century BC Persian horsemen were heavily influenced by the Scythians, were armed with bows and javelins, and fought as light cavalry.
In the second half of the 5th Century there was an increase in armored cavalry, armed with spears (palta) for thrusting and throwing, and the virtual disappearance of cavalry archers. The change and development can be directly linked to the wars against the Greek armies in the west.

Cr-3.jpg

Cr-4.jpg

Cr-5.jpg

Mike Miller will be over the moon to see these colorful enemies to line up against his Greek and Macedonian figures!
These can be combined with the recent Thracians as enemies or allies.

I've typed MM more times this weekend than I could have thought possible for a man who isn't here ;)

Now it's time to hit the showers, get some breakfast and start the day! The Treasure Hunt continues.......

Julie

these Persian cavalry figures look great...
a group of 8 is formidable on a diorama...
I'll be getting these for sure...
Julie...thanks for posting...
now I need to start looking in the couch for some spare change...^&grin

Great figures! Thank you for the sneak peek! It must be so much fun there!

Joe

Shall we play the "Where's Waldo/Tim Tyler" portion of the Treasure Hunt? Always a fun one!
Check out front of the hotel, the bar or my room if you are looking for him!
And one resourceful hunter Googled "Tim Tyler Jacksonville" and found his photo online! Modern technology.....

Many thanks to Tim Tyler for presenting the prototypes of 3 new French and Indian War figures based on characters from the Last of the Mohecans movie.
These figures will be a welcome addition to any 18th century collection.

WHO WAS THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS?
  • Uncas
  • Chingachgook
  • Natty Bumpo

Look at Tim's reaction during the 'reveal'.
View attachment 252936

View attachment 252937

View attachment 252938

View attachment 252939

View attachment 252940

Availability will be early 2020.

Julie

I'll be getting these.They look great ^&grin^&grin^&grin{bravo}}The 3 charging indians too.^&grin
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back