Chicago Visiting Show 2022 - Advice and guidance thread. (2 Viewers)

George, what room number are you going to be at so i could look you up? Also are you bringing any trophy

George, what room number are you going to be at so i could look you up? Also are you bringing any trophy

Sorry, I'm not attending this year for a variety of reasons.

I went into detail in a post on my Minutemen Toy Soldiers facebook page.

Sorry, I'm not attending this year for a variety of reasons.

I went into detail in a post on my Minutemen Toy Soldiers facebook page.
thats too bad george, i always enjoy seeing you. hell maybe i will set up a room to sell then.

thats too bad george, i always enjoy seeing you. hell maybe i will set up a room to sell then.

The interaction with you and many of my long time customers is what I will most about not attending Chicago.

And other shows.

The rest of it; I won't miss any of it...................:wink2:.

I'm not getting any younger, messed my back up good attending Gettysburg and MFCA back in May, but thanks to Matt from HB, I found something that relieved the issue thankfully.

The prepping, packing, loading, driving, unloading and setting up, breaking down and driving back all do a number on me.

Yep, nothing lasts forever; it's not good or bad, it simply is. So enjoy things while you may.

Prost!
Brad

The interaction with you and many of my long time customers is what I will most about not attending Chicago.

And other shows.

The rest of it; I won't miss any of it...................:wink2:.

I'm not getting any younger, messed my back up good attending Gettysburg and MFCA back in May, but thanks to Matt from HB, I found something that relieved the issue thankfully.

The prepping, packing, loading, driving, unloading and setting up, breaking down and driving back all do a number on me.

I hope your back feels better soon!

As far as shows go? The fact that we never met and I still consider you a friend speaks volumes about who you are.

Shows are great but they are meaningless without the people who make up this hobby.

the interaction with you and many of my long time customers is what i will most about not attending chicago.

And other shows.

The rest of it; i won't miss any of it...................:wink2:.

I'm not getting any younger, messed my back up good attending gettysburg and mfca back in may, but thanks to matt from hb, i found something that relieved the issue thankfully.

haha, i know thjat one year i had a room and set up on sunday was work. I mean i broke a sweat trying to pack up sunday and leave the place. Well
hopefully next year you will come. Maybe jsut set up one room which i think would be easier on you

I hope your back feels better soon!

As far as shows go? The fact that we never met and I still consider you a friend speaks volumes about who you are.

Shows are great but they are meaningless without the people who make up this hobby.

I was in agony for three weeks, thank God for Matt, he had a "back roller" made of foam with him, I used it and felt instantly better................I bought one as soon as I got home, I used it if my back feels cranky, it's been a miracle cure, thought for sure I'd be back to my chiropractor for multiple adjustments.

I appreciate the kind words, right back at you, I really, really hoped we could meet up at a show and get overserved at the bar, never say never.

haha, i know thjat one year i had a room and set up on sunday was work. I mean i broke a sweat trying to pack up sunday and leave the place. Well
hopefully next year you will come. Maybe jsut set up one room which i think would be easier on you

Thank God for my show helper Larry Allen, the pack up/hump downstairs/set up again on Saturday was beyond brutal, he was a Godsend, he's officially retired from shows and I was unable to find a replacement for this show, which played into my decision.

Quick funny story; we're in the lower ballroom, there is 8 feet from the edge of my table to the edge of the table of the vendor across from me, there used to be a vendor who would steal tables and invert his layout, stealing about 6 feet of the 8 feet, I went to Roger Garfield the show promoter over it, it was beyond annoying, left me no room to work.

One year Larry measured the distance and put tape down to mark the 4 foot mark, I had no clue he did that............we're downstairs setting up and the other dealer is all torqued off "I can't believe Roger put tape down to mark the 4 foot spot, wait until I see him, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!!!"..............me and Larry get in the elevator around midnight to go upstairs to grab a few hours shut eye before going back downstairs on Sunday to finish setting up...............he starts laughing uncontrollably.............I'm confused, so I say "You wanna share the joke?"..........he blurts out "I'M the one who put the tape down!!"..........we were literally killing ourselves laughing on the way back to the room..........every once and awhile on Sunday, we'd both look at each other and just start laughing.

In the ballroom where I am, Nick from TSSD passed away, plus Gerrard from Frontline, Nick from Crown, John from the Marxman, Gary from Warstore Collectibles, Eddie from Relic Golden Amusements and Judy and Glenn from Unique Collectibles have all dropped out of the show, not sure how they will fill that lower room, time marches on and it's sad, we had a million laughs pre and post show in that room, some of the banter back and forth was priceless.

It's the little things I will miss about Chicago......................:(

i am sure crown is coming

He's not on the dealer list, the hotel is not sold out and there are show tables still available, so maybe he's coming, why don't you call him and ask him.

Journey starts this Wednesday, should be fun! Deep Dish, Chicago Italian Beef, Beer and Toy Soldiers. What more could you ask for?

TD

Heading over the great mississippi river now on my way to chicago, just a few more hours to go. Can't wait

Journey starts this Wednesday, should be fun! Deep Dish, Chicago Italian Beef, Beer and Toy Soldiers. What more could you ask for?

TD

No hot dog mention? OK, they can be nasty anywhere and some celery salt can't change that...

Yep. It's all open again (what's left in business is still a lot). My nasty cold proves that things are up and running again because people = viruses = business.

Seriously, our Hobby and State have always been open to all.

Hope you do good biz TD & maybe I'll see you there, Moms and Viruses permitting!

Best Wishes
Paddy

no hot dog mention? Ok, they can be nasty anywhere and some celery salt can't change that...

Yep. It's all open again (what's left in business is still a lot). My nasty cold proves that things are up and running again because people = viruses = business.

Seriously, our hobby and state have always been open to all.

Hope you do good biz td & maybe i'll see you there, moms and viruses permitting!

Best wishes
paddy
i went to bill's drive in with my 94yr old father. Its on asbury a couple buildings north of howard street on evanston chicago border. . Best dog in chicago since 1949. The old man takes mustard relish and celery salt too. The place is always busy and besides my iowa plate there was also an indiana and michigan plate in the parking lot. No seating inside. Just old school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back