Civil War K&C Figures (2 Viewers)

Capitolron

Lieutenant Colonel
OK who is collecting these guys and lets talk about them.

I have just finished my collection of New K&C CONFEDERATES and now about to start with the UNION figures - I took my time buy the Rebs (trying to spread my $$$ out around all my ranges) What do you guys think about this new range ?

Attachments

• user421_pic1883_1217303766.jpg
    user421_pic1883_1217303766.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 229
  • user421_pic1884_1217303814.jpg
    user421_pic1884_1217303814.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 232
  • user421_pic1885_1217303814.jpg
    user421_pic1885_1217303814.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 228
Ron,

Didn't you start a thread like this a couple of months back?:confused:

Ron, I don't collect these, but certainly wish I did (budgetary constraints ya know:()......

I am most impressed with the mounted Confederate figures and would consider purchasing some of them alone as just a stand alone little display. I have similar feelings about some of the Alamo figures, but there again, my budget is currently fairly limited due to the fact that we are still carrying an extra mortgage.

The recent news about more additions to the ACW range in 2009 has definitely grabbed my attention and will be interested in seeing what comes along.

MD

Ron, I don't collect these, but certainly wish I did (budgetary constraints ya know:()......

I am most impressed with the mounted Confederate figures and would consider purchasing some of them alone as just a stand alone little display. I have similar feelings about some of the Alamo figures, but there again, my budget is currently fairly limited due to the fact that we are still carrying an extra mortgage.

The recent news about more additions to the ACW range in 2009 has definitely grabbed my attention and will be interested in seeing what comes along.

MD

MD

Yea - I have to close my eyes when it comes to the ALAMO figures - I think I had calculated the price to buy one of each and it came out to about $3,800 for the entire range - I think - One of my favorite movies "John Wayne's Alamo" - but, like you - budgets control purchases - especially in an OBAMA world for a Republican :eek:

The mounted Rebs are very cool - hopefully we will get some great new stuff soon. I have found buying a piece here and there - you can really get your collection going after sometime with little pain.

Ron

MD

Yea - I have to close my eyes when it comes to the ALAMO figures - I think I had calculated the price to buy one of each and it came out to about $3,800 for the entire range - I think - One of my favorite movies "John Wayne's Alamo" - but, like you - budgets control purchases.

Ron

Ron/Dave

Currently working on a dio-drama of the fall of the Alamo using the K&C Range plus some Conte figures- aint anywhere near the $3800 expenditure yet but I could very easily be enticed as those K&C Alamo figures are really something else.

Watch for the story coming soon to a screen near you.

Reb

Hi..i have 4 of the confederates (Cw006 - 009 - 014 - 016), and i plan to buy the others .CapitolIron, which is the best (for sculpting ,expression..etc.) from your point of view?I like very much CW006 ..i like the beard barely visible,the pose (seems taken from a Don Troiani plate of the Texas Brigade)..to me it captures the real essence of the Johnny Reb.

Ron/Dave

Currently working on a dio-drama of the fall of the Alamo using the K&C Range plus some Conte figures- aint anywhere near the $3800 expenditure yet but I could very easily be enticed as those K&C Alamo figures are really something else.

Watch for the story coming soon to a screen near you.

Reb

That sounds excellent, Reb. Will be looking forward to that. At risk of running off topic (apologies to Ron), these Alamo figures include some of the best looking K&C figures currently available in my estimation. When I look through the whole catalogue periodically, a number of these personality figures really stand out in terms of unique posing and sculpting....lots of very original figures and nicely done piece for piece....a nice alternative to the standard poses often seen in other ranges. There are some similarly unique figures in the ACW Rebs range as well come to think of it. I'd love to see these ranges and others continue in this direction with an emphasis on each figure being truly exciting on it's own (i.e. without a whole range of guys to support it), especially as most of us are, I suspect having to pick and choose a bit more with each purchase now, and with AFV prices trending toward the $200 mark.....the soldiers themselves are more attainable financially.

Sorry to ramble.....:rolleyes:

MD

I plan on adding the confed personalities to my coffers in the future. It just takes time and money, the sculpts are very good. I also encourage you to check out Del Prado's Stuart, one of the best of him in my opinon.

TD

Hi..i have 4 of the confederates (Cw006 - 009 - 014 - 016), and i plan to buy the others .CapitolIron, which is the best (for sculpting ,expression..etc.) from your point of view?I like very much CW006 ..i like the beard barely visible,the pose (seems taken from a Don Troiani plate of the Texas Brigade)..to me it captures the real essence of the Johnny Reb.

He is a good one - I also like CW20 & CW22 - great movement with those figures and the RE LEE is outstanding ! :D

So ?

With a subject like the Civil War - it's worth talking about again, again and again - IMHO. :D

Ron,

Didn't say anything was wrong with it, just wondering about duplication, that's all. Here is the original thread. If you like I can merge the two threads; it's up to you.

That sounds excellent, Reb. Will be looking forward to that. At risk of running off topic (apologies to Ron), these Alamo figures include some of the best looking K&C figures currently available in my estimation. When I look through the whole catalogue periodically, a number of these personality figures really stand out in terms of unique posing and sculpting....lots of very original figures and nicely done piece for piece....a nice alternative to the standard poses often seen in other ranges. There are some similarly unique figures in the ACW Rebs range as well come to think of it. I'd love to see these ranges and others continue in this direction with an emphasis on each figure being truly exciting on it's own (i.e. without a whole range of guys to support it), especially as most of us are, I suspect having to pick and choose a bit more with each purchase now, and with AFV prices trending toward the $200 mark.....the soldiers themselves are more attainable financially.

Sorry to ramble.....:rolleyes:

MD

Hey MD

I agree - ALAMO Range is really done right - but, man ... I can't get sucked into another range :eek: - I have little room as it is now !

I have thought serious about making one big purchase and then be done with it - but, budget, budget, budget. :(

Ron,

Didn't say anything was wrong with it, just wondering about duplication, that's all. Here is the original thread. If you like I can merge the two threads; it's up to you.

Brad - go ahead and merge if you can - there is some interesting stuff on that thread for others who might have missed it.

I have posted these before - but, those of you who have not seen it - here is some of my Civil War Collection - Old K&C, Conte and Britains:

Attachments

• user421_pic658_1212978623.jpg
    user421_pic658_1212978623.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 194
  • user421_pic659_1212978664.jpg
    user421_pic659_1212978664.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 191
  • user421_pic1864_1217077074.jpg
    user421_pic1864_1217077074.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 193
  • user421_pic1866_1217077150.jpg
    user421_pic1866_1217077150.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 193
Promising to stay on task now.......I guess the first three ACW sets I'd purchase would easily be 10, 11, and 12.

MD

Will do so. At any rate, I have collected all the Union figures and have about half of the Cofederate figures. I just purchased the ones that Andy recently retired, having just received 6 the other day. BTW, Treefrog (Rev Pete) is selling some of the old sets on ebay for those who may be interested.

These are the same sets from 1999 offered on our website. We expanded them to eBay to reach a wider audience. We purchased the last ones that K&C had of these a few years back - so I suspect we're probably the only ones holding onto original stock of them. We may be down to our last ACW05, though.

ACW04.jpg

ACW05.jpg

ACW08.jpg

ACW14.jpg

I Love the old King & County Civil War figures - very cool :cool:

The bridge diorama with these guys that I have posted have a great feel to them !

Overall I have about 60% Union, 40% Confederate out of nearly 200 CW figures. I have recently gotten back heavily into them after foraying out into WWII a bit (partly thanks to seeing the nice dioramas of Ron and UK Reb on here). :DI have bought most of two sets from Collectors Showcase recently (very nice). I have the PA flagbearer of the new K&C range. I haven't bought others yet because they are larger than the other manufacturers I have, but - I love the Confederate range and do indeed plan on buying at least 2-3 in the near future and will most assuredly buy artillery if they release it. I think my first buy might be the wounded flag bearer - have loved flags my whole life. I am sucker for any nice flagbearer.

I think your right, looking at his hat, he looks like he is from the Texas Brigade. One of my favs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back