CJB Models: Colin J. Burkill's Individually Hand Cast Masterpieces (1 Viewer)

Ah yes, the desert finish really does look nice, but is rarer even than the RAF blue.
I remember Colin showing me one of the Ironside humber armoured cars he'd made for a client, done out in a satin desert sand, with an RAF crew.
Then the client found out the RAF hadn't operated those cars in that theatre of operations, so got cold feet, and Colin ended up keeping it himself!

The Ironside armored car is one of my favorite CJB Models, and I would have loved to have seen it in desert sand!

I was fortunate enough (1) to obtain nine CJB Models unpainted and unassembled castings of passengers for CJB Models military vehicles and (2) that John O'Brien (Obee on this forum) consented to assemble and paint them for me. Here is a photo John sent me of the excellent result. Once they arrive, I will post more photos of them in some of my CJB Models vehicles.

Attachments

• 1 CJB by Obee 1 (2).jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 1 (2).jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 315
The CJB Castings John assembled and painted for me arrived, and look tremendous on my CJB Military vehicles:

Attachments

• 1 CJB by Obee 8.jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 8.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 1 CJB by Obee 7.jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 7.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 1 CJB by Obee 3.jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 1 CJB by Obee 5.jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 1 CJB by Obee 2.jpg
    1 CJB by Obee 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 285
The CJB Castings John assembled and painted for me arrived, and look tremendous on my CJB Military vehicles:

Louis,

they sure look good now they they are seated in the vehicles.

Glad I could help you out with this project, I've never seen those figures close up before, and with my painting, it has brought out their details nicely.

John

I had the great good fortune of obtaining the castings for a CJB Models Morris Military 8 hp Tourer and the military driver and passenger, and the even greater good fortune of John (Obee) agreeing to assemble and paint it for me as an RAF Staff Car with RAF driver and passenger, when he has a gap in his very busy schedule (which is probably going to be next year). I will post photos once John has the time to assemble and paint it for me.:salute::

The castings of the CJB Models 8 hp tourer, the military driver and passenger arrived, and are ready to be sent on to John (Obee) when he lets me know he is ready.:salute::

Attached are some photos of the 8 hp tourer painted as a Royal Army staff car and an RAF radio car:

attachment.php

attachment.php

For anyone interested, there is a CJB Models Battery Staff car like the one depicted below on ebay.co.uk ending in a day or two, with an opening bid of 130 Pounds, and no bidders. I am not the seller, and I am not bidding, so go get it:

attachment.php

The castings of the CJB Models 8 hp tourer, the military driver and passenger arrived, and are ready to be sent on to John (Obee) when he lets me know he is ready.:salute::

Attached are some photos of the 8 hp tourer painted as a Royal Army staff car and an RAF radio car:

attachment.php

attachment.php

John finished assembling and painting this wonderful WW1 German fieldgun and crew for me, so I expect he will instruct me to send him the castings for the CJB Models 8hp tourer shortly:

Attachments

• 1 1916 German Field Gun by John Obee 2 (2).jpg
    1 1916 German Field Gun by John Obee 2 (2).jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 1 1916 German Field Gun by John Obee 1 (2).jpg
    1 1916 German Field Gun by John Obee 1 (2).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 213
I had the great good fortune of obtaining the castings for a CJB Models Morris Military 8 hp Tourer and the military driver and passenger, and the even greater good fortune of John (Obee) agreeing to assemble and paint it for me as an RAF Staff Car with RAF driver and passenger, when he has a gap in his very busy schedule (which is probably going to be next year). I will post photos once John has the time to assemble and paint it for me.:salute::

John sent me this wonderful progress photo of the RAF version of the 8hp Tourer:

Attachments

• 1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 1 (2).jpg
    1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 1 (2).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 276
John (Obee) is finished painting the casting of the CJB Models Morris Military 8 hp Tourer and the military driver and passenger, and even found a real serial number from an authentic RAF Morris 8 hp Staff Car (which coincidentally, happens to be the zip code where I live). :salute:: I couldn't be more thrilled! Here are the photos he sent me of his absolutely fantastic work:

Attachments

• 1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 2.jpg
    1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 3.jpg
    1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 256
John O'Brien's magnificently painted castings from CJB Models of a Morris 8hp Tourer as an RAF Staff Car arrived, and is on display on my Snetterton Heath Airfield diorama:

Attachments

• 1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 4.jpg
    1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 4.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 5.jpg
    1 1939 CJB RAF 8hp Tourer 5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 228
John O'Brien's magnificently painted castings from CJB Models of a Morris 8hp Tourer as an RAF Staff Car arrived, and is on display on my Snetterton Heath Airfield diorama:

Looks as if it's just out of the factory, glad you liked my work,

John

Looks as if it's just out of the factory, glad you liked my work,

John
John,

The diorama and the other figures on it are the work of another friend and talented painter of glossy figures, John Firth. I find that your wonderful work and his display perfectly together, and that is meant as a compliment to you both!👍👍

I wanted to pull this thread up, as I have not seen any CJB Models for sale in a couple of years. Has anyone come across any of these little masterpieces? I still dream of obtaining more RAF and desert versions of his military vehicles, as well as the two wonderful little produce and dairy delivery trucks.:salute::

Louis,

I recently completed a repair/repaint of a staff car for Luiz in Brazil.

The vehicle came with broken windscreen, as well as paint chips but he wanted it finished in desert colour.

This shows what I added

CJB 2.jpg
Crew, weapons and bows for canvas top.

and the completed vehicle

cjb 7.jpg

John

Based on period pictures the land prairie as it was commonly called were shipped to Egypt and Palestine in late 1920´s so why not convert a homeland version to the Middle East variation and add some AA defenses....
Cheers
A_C

Louis,

The vehicle came with broken windscreen, as well as paint chips but he wanted it finished in desert colour.

This shows what I added

View attachment 297278

View attachment 297279

John

Hi Louis,

I guess that whatever sets were in the market are now gone....the next time we see any will be widows selling their ex loved ones estates....fingers crossed these are not ours...{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}

I wanted to pull this thread up, as I have not seen any CJB Models for sale in a couple of years. Has anyone come across any of these little masterpieces? I still dream of obtaining more RAF and desert versions of his military vehicles, as well as the two wonderful little produce and dairy delivery trucks.:salute::

Louis,

This shows what I added

View attachment 297278

View attachment 297279

John

John,

I have a duplicate of that very vehicle. If you are willing to repeat a trick, I will send it to you for desert treatment. Please let me know!

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back