Clash of Empires (1 Viewer)

Kronprinz sells figures, 1/30, based on this painting. I have a few and they are well done.
Benjamin

THANK YOU Benjamin,

They look pretty good .... does anyone have any?
And how to they match up against K&C AWI sets?

--- LaRRy

We have some interesting new Clash of Empire sets in development, one which has some similar elements to this one-of-a-kind model.
I always enjoy seeing other artists work, their inspiration or approach to modelling the masters. After a lifetime of sculpting original works myself, I have to say that it is hard to replicate some of the finer elements in production models, but we can certainly come close.
Ken

Some Hessian infantry and Colonial artillery for the American Revolution would also be appreciated!

I am currently working on both of these subjects.
Early American artillery hardware is an elusive subject...even up to the 1830s. I have examined the few surviving sets of hardware and there is little uniformity, although certain parts are a given for functional carriage. I just have to decide on a configuration and go with it. I often get caught up in the historical details!
Ken

I am currently working on both of these subjects.
Early American artillery hardware is an elusive subject...even up to the 1830s. I have examined the few surviving sets of hardware and there is little uniformity, although certain parts are a given for functional carriage. I just have to decide on a configuration and go with it. I often get caught up in the historical details!
Ken

That's great news.....I have close to 200 of your AWI British and Colonials and with the Hessians I can finally do some full fledged battle dioramas!

We have some interesting new Clash of Empire sets in development, one which has some similar elements to this one-of-a-kind model.
I always enjoy seeing other artists work, their inspiration or approach to modelling the masters. After a lifetime of sculpting original works myself, I have to say that it is hard to replicate some of the finer elements in production models, but we can certainly come close.
Ken

I understand Ken's point.These figures I've shown you are good for one offs or even kits but they would be hard to do as fully finished models in production.
Mark

Mark...
What I know we do very well is delivering historically accurate eighteenth century native warriors and European combatants to the collecting community. Our coloring may not be as bright and eye catching as others, but it is based on what we know of the period. Here are a couple of our newest ones that will be featured on the cover of our Fall supplement. I hope you like them as much as we do.
Ken

Mark...
What I know we do very well is delivering historically accurate eighteenth century native warriors and European combatants to the collecting community. Our coloring may not be as bright and eye catching as others, but it is based on what we know of the period. Here are a couple of our newest ones that will be featured on the cover of our Fall supplement. I hope you like them as much as we do.
Ken

These I like very much . . . . They will make very nice additions to my CoE collection . . . .
:smile2: Mike

No complaints on your indians Ken as they are some of the most realistic I have seen.As far as the two sets I have posted links to they serve a different kind of collector then the pre painted figure collector.
Mark

Mark,
You have no idea how often I am asked to offer some of our sculpts as kits. We have a great creative team, and most of us have worked together for a very long time.
I was participating in figure kit painting and original sculpting shows as early as 1973, but did not make the hobby a full time day job until 1990. During that time the toy soldier collectors and kit builders have drifted apart here in the U.S. and that was a shame. I think the kit and competition part of the hobby is much closer to the collectibles hobby today than it was 20 years ago, and I would like to see the two brought back together in the future.

I'm wondering when the scottish grenadiers will finally be available for collecting, WB site still says: "Available in late Summer 2017", but it's october 2017 already...

i lve the american revolution.a can use many figures also from the clash of the empire range.i hope to see more british troops in the future,also hessians and militia.i hope ken is going to work on it?best ronald.

i love the american revolution range.i wonder if the will come a lord cornwallis,hessians,and more patriots?best ronald.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back