Classic and memorable movie scenes (1 Viewer)

My top 5:
Harlech song (with Zulu bass section) in Zulu.
Minstrel Boy song in Rough Riders.
Charge at the end of Last Samurai.
Gunfight at the OK Coral in Tombstone.
The Battle of Agincourt in Branagh's Henry V.
Also: any scene from The Vikings.
Love to talk about military history movies; like most of them!
Q: Are there any good movies about the Aztecs or even Incas or Mayans?
Best wishes
Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of movies dealing with the subject you ask about, one of which is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. It is quite a good adventure/chase movie but it is in subtitles as authentic language is used. -- Al

My top 5:
Harlech song (with Zulu bass section) in Zulu.
Minstrel Boy song in Rough Riders.
Charge at the end of Last Samurai.
Gunfight at the OK Coral in Tombstone.
The Battle of Agincourt in Branagh's Henry V.
Also: any scene from The Vikings.
Love to talk about military history movies; like most of them!
Q: Are there any good movies about the Aztecs or even Incas or Mayans?
Best wishes

Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of movies dealing with the subject you ask about, one of which is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. It is quite a good adventure/chase movie but it is in subtitles as authentic language is used. -- Al

Would Kings of the Sun qualify....I quite enjoyed it ^&grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_of_the_Sun

Cheers

Martyn:)

Most previously mentioned plus the Marseillaise scene in Casa Blanca, the interrogation scene in The Purple Heart. "Must I remind you, Captain, that a chain is no stronger than its weakest link?"

For comedies, the entire movie Beerfest and any scene from Slapshot where Morris Wanchuk speaks.

Steve Mcqueen in his driving suit anytime in Lemans,,,,The mustang appearing in the rearview of the charger,,Mcqueen in any movie

My favorite is the scene in Casablanca where Elsa/Ingrid Bergman approaches Rick/Humphrey Bogart in search of two "letters of transit" for herself and her husband, Victor Lazlo. Elsa starts out by asking politely for the letters, and tries to reason with Rick. When that doesn't work, she pulls a gun on him, and demands that he hand over the documents. Finally, utterly frustrated, she breaks down in tears and tells her former paramour that she still loves him. Where we would we be without women?:confused:

A bridge too Far, Major Julian Cooke portrayed by Robert Redford arguing with a Grenadier Guards officer about proceeding onto Arnhem.

Scott

A bridge too Far, Major Julian Cooke portrayed by Robert Redford arguing with a Grenadier Guards officer about proceeding onto Arnhem.

Scott

Scoot:

Nice call! Another favorite of mine from a Bridge too Far is when Major Cook (Redford) leads his troops across the river in dilapidated boats saying “Hail Mary full of grace” over and over while getting shelled.

My favorite is the scene in Casablanca where Elsa/Ingrid Bergman approaches Rick/Humphrey Bogart in search of two "letters of transit" for herself and her husband, Victor Lazlo. Elsa starts out by asking politely for the letters, and tries to reason with Rick. When that doesn't work, she pulls a gun on him, and demands that he hand over the documents. Finally, utterly frustrated, she breaks down in tears and tells her former paramour that she still loves him. Where we would we be without women?:confused:

Moe

What is really gold is that each step is seen as an escalation. The fact that the gun comes before the tears is just hilarious.

Has there ever been a more beautiful woman than Ingrid Bergman in this movie. (No question mark given that this is a statement of fact!)

Jack

In a pub enjoying ourselves.......^&grin:wink2:
Wayne.

The death of Jim Bowie in John Wayne's Alamo....Jim takes out a few with the Volley gun, then fires of a round with a pistol in each hand.
Jethro throws himself in front takes some bayonets in the back {now that's loyal}....Jim takes out one more with the Knife...then Jim gets killed by Bayonets.
That scene may only be 60 seconds of film but what a ride!

1) Harlech song (with Zulu bass section) in Zulu.
2) John Wayne jumping horse over rail in final scene..
3) Death scene of young Lord Hay in Waterloo ( Think of England, think of England )
4) The singing of the La Marseillaise by bar crowd in Casablanca
5) the head shots from the last 8 minutes in Departed
6) Charge of the Scots Greys in Waterloo
7) The hanging scene at beginning of 3rd Pirates/Carribbean movie when kid starts singing defiant pirate song
8)" Fill your hands, you sum/*****es", Rooster vs 4 bad guys in True Grit

Probably could come up with 50 more..Michael

With a somewhat overall less misery degree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back