Classifieds (1 Viewer)

Panzer ace

Lieutenant Colonel
Is there anyway or anywhere to post about a positive transaction from the classifieds? I know that complaints about the same are strictly forbidden but what about the opposite case? It seems pretty empty to simply say something in response to the actual thread that originally listed the item(s). Once something is sold no one ever really reads those threads as the sold item is no longer available. So is there another place or way to let others know that a seller is recommended etc?

My suggestion would be to put something in the thread which you replied to.

If I was looking to buy something from a forum member the first thing I would do or recommend to others is to look through previous for sale threads by that member. So they should see the comment.

Brett

I actually think Panzer Ace's suggestion is a good one. I was thinking of some rating system but I don't know if the software the Forum uses lends itself to that kind of tweak.

I actually think Panzer Ace's suggestion is a good one. I was thinking of some rating system but I don't know if the software the Forum uses lends itself to that kind of tweak.

Brad:

I was wondering what the software limitations would be, but I bet you and I are not the only ones who would find something like that incredibly useful.

Problem is a ratings system would also attract negative comments and people may object to the
ratings etc and "appeal" so would probably involve TF more than they want to be as you mentione
elsewhere.

Use Paypal and no matter who it is on the forum lodge any claim with Paypal before time runs out for
doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer list of past customers and I will develop my own rating by recs

I actually think Panzer Ace's suggestion is a good one. I was thinking of some rating system but I don't know if the software the Forum uses lends itself to that kind of tweak.[/QUOTE

Problem is a ratings system would also attract negative comments and people may object to the
ratings etc and "appeal" so would probably involve TF more than they want to be as you mentione
elsewhere.

Use Paypal and no matter who it is on the forum lodge any claim with Paypal before time runs out for
doing so.

Makes sense, although I obviously like Brad's idea too.

I was mostly asking about an area where one could post about a positive transaction, sort of a reference area where one could look at my name in a list to see that I had a good transaction with someone and then a potential buyer could PM the past buyer if they wanted more information about a seller. I feel that the original post where the item was purchased does not offer the exposure that a dedicated area would.

I'm happy with the way things are ,just always us paypal simple ^&grin

I would not like to see a format where a classified section is open to leaving some form of positive or negative feedback. That's just a recipe for disaster. Everyone using it should forget that we are deemed to be a close community and all this nonsense about decent gentlemen and apply all the caveats they would in any other transaction.

Keep the format the way it is and just enforce the protections offered by Paypal in sufficient time then no issues will arise. Caveat emptor
Mitch

Well if you can say well done great bloke awesome transaction no problems A1111111111111++++++++, then you should be able to do the opposite.
To tell other members to be aware is more important IMO.

Well if you can say well done great bloke awesome transaction no problems A1111111111111++++++++, then you should be able to do the opposite.
To tell other members to be aware is more important IMO.

Perhaps something a little more neutral like eBay. One way is for every member to start with a certain number of points and points are added or detracted, as the case may be (which would be based on actual transactions).

How can we start with a number of points? who polices it and, what happens when silly things go wrong not the sellers or buyers fault?? who loses points or has their reputation tarnished as either a poor seller or a bad buyer. we all know how finicky some sellers and buyers are so, what is a bad sale to one person may be an excellent one to another. There are bad, incompetent sellers and buyers.

Have you seen some of the comments left for sellers etc on e-bay that are classed as Negative? mind boggling I saw one the other day left as negative because they felt not enough tape had been used to wrap the item!!! That's an abuse of the system and, it could easily happen here

I understand people being concerned with non arrival, damaged lack of communication etc of items bought but, this is a private forum which offers the facility to buy if you wish. You should do everything to protect yourself and your money. I don't think we should see how great a seller is let alone how bad one is. If you have issues use the PM system and e-mail if you wish to inform people
Mitch

I think the longer you are on the forum, it becomes apparent who are good to deal with. There are always exceptions to this rule however but I could probably roll off at least 20 people who I would have no issue dealing with. This is based purely on their posts and contributions to the forum.

A rating system would only help newbies IMO.

I doubt that we will see a rating system here to be honest.

The rating eBay-like system is an idea but not the only one by any means. The more we brainstorm the more likely we may find something that would be of appeal to Shannon and Pete, assuming they were so inclined.

However, I do think we may need something as more of these disputes seem to be cropping up. I don't think resortiing to the PM system will dipsose of the issue as we saw in Wayne's case.

My reason for starting this thread was because I bought something from a forum member. I knew nothing about him and had an exceptional transaction from start to finish. It would be nice to have a place to list this member in order to alert people that he is a worthy business person who can be trusted. In this day and age it seems like people have plenty of time to complain but not a second to praise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back