Club figures (1 Viewer)

thebritfarmer

No new Zulu club figure this year either. :( As I only really collect the Zulu war It is hard to justify joining just to be able to buy 1 figure that may possibly be made in the upcoming year.

I'm a little disappointed with the selection as well Scott. I only collect Redcoats & Zulu so having no Zulu figure or even a glossy choice I'm really debating if I'll renew this year.

Craig

Hi Scott,

I have had this issue for a long time. The last few years they havent really done anything I was collecting so I picked up a couple of WWI figures that I like but doubt I will add many others but you never know maybe they will do a few WWI tanks and I will have to get some other for a display. This year thankfully they added a figure from the Nile series so I am pleased and wonder if there will be more special sets. Also I really enjoy the STandard so I continue to rejoin. Maybe there will be something more for the AZW in the near future so dont give up yet.

Dave

I am pleased with the Naval Brigade figure , plus I like the Standard and the catalogues . I would have bought a AZW figure if one was available

I am pleased with the Naval Brigade figure , plus I like the Standard and the catalogues . I would have bought a AZW figure if one was available

Yes, the first WAN figure to be offered by the club! {sm3}......there can't be a Zulu war offering every year.

The last two years I opted for the WW1 figures and sold them both on so the Standard and Catalogues were essentially free.

The club is great value for money imho.

Jeff

No new Zulu club figure this year either. :( As I only really collect the Zulu war It is hard to justify joining just to be able to buy 1 figure that may possibly be made in the upcoming year.

I think there might be one issued /available later on this year, the same as last year, but don't quote me on it.

Let's hope so as I like yourselves only collect from the Zulu's range.

There will be both an exclusive AZW set and an exclusive gloss figure for the club mid year. They will be shown in the second quarter Standard and I hope the AZW set will be of interest to many.

Ian Knight and I have been discussing future developments for the AZW collection and I think you will like the new additions this year.

More later...
Ken

There will be both an exclusive AZW set and an exclusive gloss figure for the club mid year. They will be shown in the second quarter Standard and I hope the AZW set will be of interest to many.

Ian Knight and I have been discussing future developments for the AZW collection and I think you will like the new additions this year.

More later...
Ken

Ken,
Any chance of a Napoleonic club figure for Waterloo2015 mid year?
Paul

I have renewed my membership for 2015. Ordered 50054C Clash of Empires Eastern Woodland Indian and 50056C ACW 114th PA Zouave figures. Both of these figures will be welcome additions to my collection . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

I think us AZW collectors have been spoiled. I wonder if they are offering these popular figs in the second half so you have to buy them as opposed to getting them free with your standard. Let me know if I have gone to far with my conspiracy theory.....

Very disappointed that yet again there is no Nap figure. Even more so with this being Waterloo's 200th.
Josh

Very disappointed that yet again there is no Nap figure. Even more so with this being Waterloo's 200th.
Josh

I totally agree. I expect the majority of manufacturers to make a real effort with Waterloo Naps this year.

WB inundated us with ACW grey and blue before, during and after the Gettysburg anniversary.
I thought a good start to Waterloo2015 would be for a really special club figure but we get nothing.

I have no reason to renew my membership for the first time in many years.
Let's hope there is something for Waterloo2015 in the next release.

With the changes which have taken place within WB, their USA-centric website changes, the lack of bricks and mortar dealers in the UK (post Modelzone's demise) and continuously increasing prices it's all looking rather bleak for WB buyers in the UK. IMO

Ken,
Any chance of a Napoleonic club figure for Waterloo2015 mid year?
Paul

4e54ede4c52daa10793c58b4402ad2f2_zps1d0cdda5.jpg

Hi there,
We have developed over thirty new Napoleonic figures for this year already, with most of them appearing in the Spring catalog. I posted this image on our Facebook page a short while ago. It features four of the new figures in this square made up of previous releases. The 44th Foot has new additions to round it out and other new Napoleonics will be released to fill in various gaps in the Summer catalog too.
A Napoleonic club figure has been designed and will be shown along with other club exclusives later in the year. As most of you probably have guessed it is impossible to please everyone with only four club figures per year. We have at least eleven ranges currently in our collection that must be added to with at least two more to be launched in the next year.
The answer is to offer more selections throughout the year covering other subjects. This means that to be fair to everyone, I really cannot offer the same ranges as the first four figures every year and I think that is completely reasonable.
Hopefully the membership will support the new product development with purchases.
All the best,
Ken

Hi Guys,

I wonder how many of you remember when there was only one figure to get when you signed up? When I joined the club way back when we didnt get a choice of figure but we did get some very interesting club figures through out the year especially the Christmas figures! So I guess the point I am making is for folks to enjoy the ability to choose a figure when you join up.

Dave

I just wish that I could postpone my pick of a figure until the others are displayed later in the year. As is I get stuck picking a figure for a range I do not collect. I fully understand the business logic and that not everyone can be pleased all the time.
Josh

Ken stated that 2 new series are to be launched in the coming year , should be interesting to see what they will be , any clues or ideas anyone ? I renewed my membership this week, I was happy with the Naval Brigade figure , there's always been at least one figure that interests me so far,being a collector of AZW,Sudan and WW1
Kev

Ken stated that 2 new series are to be launched in the coming year , should be interesting to see what they will be , any clues or ideas anyone ? I renewed my membership this week, I was happy with the Naval Brigade figure , there's always been at least one figure that interests me so far,being a collector of AZW,Sudan and WW1
Kev

I believe one will be late world war II Europe as he mentioned at the Toronto toy soldier convention last spring....

Hi,
Does anybody have any idea when the 2015 club figures might be available?

Finding it pretty annoying that membership can't be done online, as in previous years. Maybe that's just me....

Pete

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back