Cnn "1968" (1 Viewer)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
Great 4 episode series. Didn't learn anything new. Although I thought Bobby Kennedy was a given for the Democratic nomination, he wasn't. But what an unbelievable year. I think that year had more "I remember exactly where I was" moments than any other. Gotta say it, America was ------ up that year.
Gary

Rediculous leftist drivel,,written by some cnn type 20 something,,especially the Burns type anti Vietnam -US military,,no wonder the state of history in public schools is what it is,,some of us have exactly those where I was moments,,,why as always revisionist slanted history loses when those that lived it are still around,,Especially Khe San and More so regarding Chicago and the EVIL POLICE vs the poor antifa type leftists,,but then again those of us present at the time seem to pale before the medias version,,Dont include my part of "America that year'

Last edited:
Rediculous leftist drivel,,written by some cnn type 20 something,,especially the Burns type anti Vietnam -US military,,no wonder the state of history in public schools is what it is,,some of us have exactly those where I was moments,,,why as always revisionist slanted history loses when those that lived it are still around,,Especially Khe San and More so regarding Chicago and the EVIL POLICE vs the poor antifa type leftists,,but then again those of us present at the time seem to pale before the medias version,,Dont include my part of "America that year'

I was attending George Washington U. in DC in the late 60's. I participated in the anti-war demonstrations as a marshall. Our job was to keep the demonstrators and police separated and try to calm any potential violence.
True there was a very small minority of violent activists (SDS and Weathermen) who tried to provoke the police and cause a riot. I also saw first hand the DC Civil Defense Units (CDU) police brutalize innocent demonstrators.
They would wade into a peaceful crowd and just start swinging their batons indiscriminately. I lived through the turmoil and tragedies of 68 and thought the documentary for the most part was respectable.
Unfortunately some old wounds don't heal.

I was attending George Washington U. in DC in the late 60's. I participated in the anti-war demonstrations as a marshall. Our job was to keep the demonstrators and police separated and try to calm any potential violence.
True there was a very small minority of violent activists (SDS and Weathermen) who tried to provoke the police and cause a riot. I also saw first hand the DC Civil Defense Units (CDU) police brutalize innocent demonstrators.
They would wade into a peaceful crowd and just start swinging their batons indiscriminately. I lived through the turmoil and tragedies of 68 and thought the documentary for the most part was respectable.
Unfortunately some old wounds don't heal.

Wow. You participated in anti-war protests and now you collect toy soldiers. Kinda interesting. I am saying that as an observation, not as any judgement on you.

Wow. You participated in anti-war protests and now you collect toy soldiers. Kinda interesting. I am saying that as an observation, not as any judgement on you.

Count me in with Rich (nysoldiers), except I was a freshman undergraduate at GW. As far as old wounds not healing, this past week was the 50th anniversary of the death of RFK, something I’ve never gotten over.

Count me in with Rich (nysoldiers), except I was a freshman undergraduate at GW. As far as old wounds not healing, this past week was the 50th anniversary of the death of RFK, something I’ve never gotten over.

Off Topic - GW - My dad got his Doctorate there in the 1970s. I was a 3 year intern in their original SEAP program in High School through GW and had a scholarship there - looking back on it, maybe I should have done it!!!!!!!!! Oh but I had dreams to become a Tax Attorney or Criminal Lawyer (Mob lawyer), instead I ended up a CPA and a toy soldier collector :)

TD

Have not watched the documentary so can't comment.

They have a great law school. Very hard to get into. I didn't have the grades or the LSAT scores to get in. Not complaining, mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back