Collector's Showcase, anybody actually purchased these yet? (1 Viewer)

desk11desk12

1st Lieutenant
I talked to George the other day and he was telling me he has them and is selling them. I believe Michigan Toy Soldiers has them as well.

We all know about the initial review (oversized) of them based on their showing at the Chicago Show but has anyone actually purchase any of them from their Normandy series and maybe even the DAK series?

If so, which ones, and how much do you like them and do you show them along with any other manufacturers sets? If so, which ones.

Carlos

George,

We have a number of resellers selling these " oversized " 60mm pieces. We made only 300 sets of each and are almost sold out: even though the scale was more like 75mm. They will be rare indeed.

We have since decided to bend to the " iron will " of the collector and scaled our next releases to a true 60mm or 1/32nd scale. For instance in Chicago this year we showed our Afrika Korp before we re-scaled them to a true 60mm. So most people think we're going to continue with oversized pieces: not so they were all re-scaled to a true 60mm and are in manufacture now, due out in March 07. Also for DAK we've added an Mk I with full turret interior and a R75.

happy collecting!

Brian: President
The Collectors Showcase

Re: Cllector's Showcase, anybody actually purchased these yet?

Carlos,
As I mentioned to you, sales have been decent on this range. Fact of the matter is based on the fact that they were originally advertised as 1/32nd scale, I had basically presold my entire first order. Once the sets arrived and they turned out to be 1/24th scale, the majority of those customers cancelled their orders.

That said, the German motorcycle has sold out for me, as have the two MG teams and most of the LAH sets. The LAH figures have been popular, however, several customers have complained that the diorama for the LAH set including the building is wrong as that building was not grey, but in fact a tanish color, so I repainted two of them in that color and both have sold.

As Brian has indicated, all future releases will be in a smaller scale, so I have a feeling with only 300 of each of these first run sets produced, down the road these items will in fact be collectible and worth some $$$$$$, just a hunch based on what my customers have said.

With K & C doing ACW, AWI, Egyptians, WWI and Crimean War sets in 2007, if Collectors Showcase produces sets even close to K & C, NMA and HB quality, they will do well.

Brian has been nothing but fair and up front with me and has been very easy to deal with in this process, a credit to him.............

Regards,
George Guerriero
Minutemen Toy Soldiers

... We have since decided to bend to the " iron will " of the collector and scaled our next releases to a true 60mm or 1/32nd scale. For instance in Chicago this year we showed our Afrika Korp before we re-scaled them to a true 60mm...
Dear Brian,

1/32nd scale should be 54mm from bottom of feet to eyes. K&C's WWII line is 1/30th scale, or 60mm. See Ken Clarke-Jervoise's quote below.:)

... The scale is 1/32 scale and represents the height of the figure from the bottom of the feet (not including base) to the top of the figures head (not obviously including hat) and in an "at attention" pose!

Apparantly the average height of armies throughout the 19C (where figure making first got going in a serious manner) was 5 feet 8 inches tall.

So therefore mathematically:

5 feet 8 inches = 68 inches.
68 inches multiplied by 254 (inches to mm convertion) = 1727.2 mm
1727.2 mm divided by 32 ( 1/32 scale) = 53.975 mm

and hey presto rounded it comes to 54mm!

In fact they actually should be 53.975mm figures!

I hope this helps.

Ken Clarke-Jervoise
The East of India Company

So we should conclude that K&C's ever popular scale is actually 1/30th? Please advise.

Thanks!

So we should conclude that K&C's ever popular scale is actually 1/30th? Please advise.

Thanks!

Most of King and Country is 1/30. Alamo is not. Where you're concerned, World War II, it's 1/30 or 60mm.

Thanks!
Dear Brian,

Below is the post from Andy about the scale of his figures. Please note not all K&C figures are 1/30th scale.:)

Hi Guys,

Re the above subject… Speaking personally… for World War Two I like the 1:30 scale and K&C will definitely not be going to 1:32 scale.

On other subjects I can be more flexible. Our new Crusaders and Saracens are 1:32 scale to complement the Russian makers… K&C ‘s Alamo is closer to 1:32 than 1:30 as are our Napoleonics. Our Ancient Egyptians might even be 1:31! As I’ve said many times before collectors buy what they like (almost regardless of scale) but even among companies who profess to produce 1:32 there is a huge disparity of size. So at the end of the day pick and collect what you like… regardless of size and scale. Why do you think Honour Bound… Patriot… NMA… all have gone for 1:30—coincidence or what?

Anyway, that’s all for now folks!

Best wishes and… happy collecting!

Andy C.

:) Hello Guy's! I have Purchased the both Sets Waffen SS and the U.S. Airborne, from NEW WW2 Series Collector Showcase! And I have to say is there is a LOT of Potential, on this Sculpture! For Instance I have RE-Painted these Collector Showcase Figures, and touch up the U.S. Airborne faces, and Blackened the faces they're looking true Fighting Airborne Figures! The PAK 75MM Howitzer Team is Larger, and you could use K& C BBAO9-Howitzer, with these Figures! The MG & Bazooka Teams ,WAFFEN AND U.S. fit exactly with K & C Figure's! The Waffen Motorcycle is absolutely Fantastic Beautiful Piece of Steel, that hopefully Andy, has this Sculpture make it for K & C, and that also goes for the Beautiful PAK 40 GUN; but the figures for the Pak 40 Gun is Larger! But I happened to like the 1/30th and the 1/25th Scale Figure's! I'm a Little disasapointed, with Andy's NEW Sculpture they're getting Smaller and Puny in Body Stature! That's my Personal Collecting Opinion, because his OLDER Figure's were Beefier and appear to be True 1/30th scale!

Hey John got to ask.If you think these figures are good why'd you paint them?.All the best

Rob

Hello Rob! Being a Collector for almost 40-Years, and Model Builder; I have seen many Toy Companies in the Past, and None could show me Quality! OK, I admit that this NEW Collectors Showcase, has a Lot-of-Good Potential , but he has to Show-It soon! The Faces has to be Corrected; and the Size has to be ither True 1/30th or 65MM; then these NEW WW2 Figures will Sell very strong! Also, I have Painted them with Exact Color Uniforms that they wore in WW2! Collector's showcase hasn't done this yet? Andy, has made GREAT Figure's in the Past, but NOW to me they're much Smaller and has Lost its oomff! And if anyone Collector knows his Toys, he would agree with my Findings; if he isn't afraid to Speak-Up! I don't knock Andy, because every Toy Collector, knows what he/she likes to Collect! Also, the METAL that is put into the Collectors Showcase Figure's, is much Harder and much Stronger than K & C Figures, and Heavier! I like that! The Motorcycle is AWESOME, and he's going to bring the Scale Size down to TRUE 1/30th! Also, the PAK 40 , is as I see it would be a Perfect Size for K&C also?

John,

What do you mean "Andy has lost his oomph." If you mean the figures aren't as dynamic as they used to be I would disagree, because they're better. It may seem that way to you now because we have seen so many good figures, that we get a little jaded. But when Andy was coming out with great sets a few years ago, they seemed fantastic because there was nothing to compare them to unlike today where we can compare them to what he has already done.

Hi Guys,

Oops! According to my friend John I seem to have misplaced my “OOMPH”!

Now I don’t know where I put it...I saw it just a couple of days ago...I’m sure it was on my desk somewhere...maybe the cleaning lady tidied up a wee bit and stuck it in her broom closet.

If any of you find it there’s a reward...By the way if you do find my misplaced “OOMPH” can you also look out for my “lost chord” and my “missing link”...

Christmas Wishes to one and all...happy collecting!

Andy C. Neilson

Don't worry,

I've dropped an e-mail to Santa and on Christmas morning, as long as you're good, you should find a fresh stocking full of "oomph".

Simon

Hi Guys,

Now I don’t know where I put it...I saw it just a couple of days ago...I’m sure it was on my desk somewhere...maybe the cleaning lady tidied up a wee bit and stuck it in her broom closet.

If any of you find it there’s a reward...By the way if you do find my misplaced “OOMPH” can you also look out for my “lost chord” and my “missing link”...

Andy C. Neilson

Hopefully, she didn't give it to Frontline:D

I believe I ran into the missing "oomph" just the other day while raking leaves, actually stepped in it would be more accurate, heck of a time scraping the "oomph" off my shoe. If Andy's figures are "oomphless" who needs "oomph"!;) Do you still want it?:D

Happy Holidays

Fred

That's it. The end is truely near :eek: This thread has done nothing but convince me that we truely are crazy. Lost what??? Not so much "oomph" as reality:rolleyes:

Merry Christmas all you nuts out there. I wish you all the best and that your family and friends are healthy, wealthy and wise:) :)

Yeah although i admire Johns passion for his subject, its obvious Andys product goes from strength to strength.The quality is notched up year after year.We can talk about who makes better tanks/tracks etc,but for me no one comes close to the figures K&C produce.Sorry John but K&C have more oomph than you can shake a stick at!.

Rob

John,
If the point of your comment was to stir things up around here and annoy people, congrats on a job well done.

For the most part, I read your comments with a sense of amusement (remember what good old Albert E said about the true definition of insanity). What the heck, your constant pleading for certain subjects actually worked as Andy is doing a set of the blackshirts just for you; now all you have to do is put your money where your mouth is and plunk down the dead presidents for a set.

The lost his oomph comment is a real head scratcher John, it really is.
No offense, but if you don't like the direction K & C is going, DON'T BUY IT and more importantly, STOP ASKING ANDY TO MAKE STUFF YOU WANT MADE, OK? Enough is enough, sorry for the rant, I'm done, peace out.....................

Hi Guys,

Andy C. Neilson

While you guys are looking, see if you can find my youthful energy. Seriously John, with all due respect, you have got to be kidding. Andy's stuff just gets better and better every year.

Hello Again! Trying to Re-Classified my Statement! Andy didn't loose his OOMff! I meant to say that the NEW sculpture should be asked to make these NEW Figure's Beefier, in Body statue, and make sure they're not 1/32nd ONLY 1/30-th Scale for ALL Pose's? That's what I reaaly wanted to say! I like ALL of Andy's Toys, but hopefully they will look Little Bigger? I've been Drinking too much for these Holiday's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back