Collector's Showcase, anybody actually purchased these yet? (2 Viewers)

Are the pictures on the CS website of the old or new figures? What's the ETA on the new figures?

Thanks

The DAK sets and the ACW sets are due to ship around the end of May, early June, so get your orders in with your favorite dealers (like perhaps say myself)............

Regards,
George
www.mmtoysoldiers.com

I finally saw the Berlin figures today. Have mixed feelings about them. First, they appear taller than KC figures so I don't think they work together. In addition, many of figures have that Herman Munster look that has been much discussed. The most impressive piece is the Reichkanzlerei Building Diorama which looks fantastic. These guys are real, real close to putting together a nice line - hopefully the improvements will continue. Looking forward to the seeing the new AK releases.

Combat,
Are you referring to the LAH sets; if so, those are about 70mm tall and are the older figures, many improvements have been made to them according to the owner of CS.........................

Combat,
Are you referring to the LAH sets; if so, those are about 70mm tall and are the older figures, many improvements have been made to them according to the owner of CS.........................

I think so. CS website refers to them as "Berlin '38". Do they mean improvements have been made to these figures or future releases of different figures?

ive just purchased all of the berlin 38 figures(except hitler) and i think they look more realistic and sinister then the toy soldier look that k&c produce,also picked up the bmw motorcycle diorama and its so detailed it would pass for a model kit,being 1/28th scale instead of the 1/30th of other companys means you cant really display it with k&c but i think the new civil war line is 1/30th,iam really looking forward to see what they bring out in the future.

Saw a selection of these at the London show today at the TM terrain table. There is a marked difference in scale between the original 70mm(ish) releases such as the Airborne figures and the DAK releases.

The DAK series look bang on the mark in terms of scale compatability with K&C, HB and NMA.

Body proportion wise, I think they are very good and fall somewhere in between the K&C 'fuller' body and the HB 'slimmer' body.

I'm still not sure about the faces though. I agree with the sinister description. They have been softened from the earlier releases, but....

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back