Company called Ducal (3 Viewers)

civwar1

Private
Can anyone help me. I was in Washington recently and saw a Caisson set from the JFK funeral. I was wondering if anyone knows of any company that produces such a set and where I would be able to find one. I had heard a few years ago about a manufacturer called Ducal who had produced a set but not quite positive. Any tips or hints on where to find one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think it was made by a company called STE, which is long gone..................

STE it was, they did this set and it is quite hard to locate, I have seen 1 on ebay.

They also did a full Salvation Army Band special set of which I have one with add on flagbearer and tambourine section. I know everything they did was limited, I have #6.

Tom

I remember the discussion but they are out of business. I can ask my friend again when I see him Saturday.

I remember the discussion but they are out of business. I can ask my friend again when I see him Saturday.

I tried looking for the thread but couldn't find it. I think it is part of another topic and the two weren't related really. I think I remember at that time Brad you saying your friend maybe able to get a set if anyone was interested.

I would appreciate it greatly if you could ask your friend and locate one. I have been trying unsuccessfully for awhile now.

I talked to him and one is available. Jim Hilliestat also has one. However, they're not cheap: $3,000. My friend also has the molds but again you're talking the same money. Let me know if you want me to pursue the matter.

So Brad, how much is my complete Salvation Army band set worth from STE?

Tom

Brad,
thanks, I got a few add on figs too. It was nuts when I bought this as an afterthought, when I got the lot home, I was really impressed, very cool band. Fits with nothing I really have, but unique all the same!

Tom

I talked to him and one is available. Jim Hilliestat also has one. However, they're not cheap: $3,000. My friend also has the molds but again you're talking the same money. Let me know if you want me to pursue the matter.

I would be interested in possibly the molds. Or the set. How could I get in contact with either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back