Completed Crusades Diorama (1 Viewer)

Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better Images)

George

Firstly, thank you for sharing your beautiful collection and display. Hope you can post some more pics of the Saracen defenders and closeups of the battlements.

May I ask ... If some of the figs are not K&C, then what others have you collected ?

Bests again
OD

George

Firstly, thank you for sharing your beautiful collection and display. Hope you can post some more pics of the Saracen defenders and closeups of the battlements.

May I ask ... If some of the figs are not K&C, then what others have you collected ?

Bests again
OD

Old Dragon, thanks for your compliment. I'll shoot and post pics of the Saracen defenders and battlements. By far, the vast majority of my figures, as well as many accessories and the desert village buildings, a catapult and siege tower, rocks and ground mats are from King & Country. I started collecting my very first 54mm figures when K&C released their first Crusaders and I'm still collecting that excellent series from them. I have a fair number of First Legion Crusaders and Mamluks. I think they tie in very well with the K&C figures. I have several old Viking figures, two ballistas and a catapult from Conte Collectibles. I have a John Jenkins packhorse and a Hospitaller Knight model figure, as well as metal model figures of sheep, chickens, dogs and a wheelbarrow model kit from Pegaso. I had to assemble and paint all of those. I have a few Templars and a Saracen from Black Hawk. I have a few of the best Del Prado medieval figures that fit in well. I surf the internet, looking for appropriate 54mm items. I have medieval accessories, such as spears, swords, helmets, etc. from some company in Poland that I can't remember the name of. The castle, pavilion tents before I converted them, and many other items are from John Giddings Miniatures. The Mediterranean/Italian Cypress trees, aside from the two I scratch made myself, and the grass sprigs and weeds are from Scenic Express and the Archer's Mantelets are model kits from Armand Bayardi that I assembled and painted. I also have a few accessories from Build-A-Rama and I scratch build a few other things. I have converted many of my King & Country figures, to give me even more variety. This diorama has been a labor of love. Like my wife says, "At least you're not out in the bars at night".

George, your great skill to set up together the (beautiful) figures, the buildings and the accessories made a terrific mix of appeal, bravo!!!
Carlo

Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better images #2)

much better pics , they do more justice to your dio !!!!
guy:)

great pics, they bring out the detail put in your dio. Great collection of figurines, buildings , etc.....
guy:)

Old Dragon, thanks for your compliment. I'll shoot and post pics of the Saracen defenders and battlements. By far, the vast majority of my figures, as well as many accessories and the desert village buildings, a catapult and siege tower, rocks and ground mats are from King & Country. I started collecting my very first 54mm figures when K&C released their first Crusaders and I'm still collecting that excellent series from them. I have a fair number of First Legion Crusaders and Mamluks. I think they tie in very well with the K&C figures. I have several old Viking figures, two ballistas and a catapult from Conte Collectibles. I have a John Jenkins packhorse and a Hospitaller Knight model figure, as well as metal model figures of sheep, chickens, dogs and a wheelbarrow model kit from Pegaso. I had to assemble and paint all of those. I have a few Templars and a Saracen from Black Hawk. I have a few of the best Del Prado medieval figures that fit in well. I surf the internet, looking for appropriate 54mm items. I have medieval accessories, such as spears, swords, helmets, etc. from some company in Poland that I can't remember the name of. The castle, pavilion tents before I converted them, and many other items are from John Giddings Miniatures. The Mediterranean/Italian Cypress trees, aside from the two I scratch made myself, and the grass sprigs and weeds are from Scenic Express and the Archer's Mantelets are model kits from Armand Bayardi that I assembled and painted. I also have a few accessories from Build-A-Rama and I scratch build a few other things. I have converted many of my King & Country figures, to give me even more variety. This diorama has been a labor of love. Like my wife says, "At least you're not out in the bars at night".

George,
That is an excellent diorama and great set up. Lots of good attention to detail.

One of the dios where it is fun to look to see what you recognise and spot the various items. As you say this is a series where FL and K&C can work together.

Your last comment about what your wife says is the sort of thing I say to a lot of the wives who come to my shop ! {sm4}

Well done.

Regards
Brett

Great diorama with lots of details. Love to watch it.

Thank you very much for showing us this. :D

Best wishes
Stefan

Congratulations on a wonderful display~obviously a labour of love! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'll try this again. I think I have it figured out now. Images should be bigger and better.

Congrats on a truly exhilarating set-up. Your labour of love encapsulates the real spirit of our hobby! Delightful!
Colman

Re: My Completed Crusades Diorama (better images #4)

Thanks George for the photos of your diorama. I enjoy viewing the figures and also your modeling skills. Very nice scenes and I sure don't get bored. Nice work. John

Absolutely beautiful work with the diorama, but dust must be a nightmare for you.:eek:

:salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
What an impressive collection and an impressive dio you've put together. I can almost hear the clash of steel on the ramparts. I hope you'll post some close ups.
Wow !
mike

CORRECTION: The rocks and ground mats are from JG Miniatures - the same guy/company who made the castle.

That is a large collection of Crusaders, nicely displayed ! :salute::

"Bearybones":

Very nice photos of your splendid display.

Re: My Completed Diorama (better images #3)

great dio....i love the weapons and objects around...:salute::

What is the best is the colour & the accessories. Very well done. Robin.

Awesome close up pic's!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back