Conte Black Box (2 Viewers)

Denver

Sergeant
I recently acquired Conte plastic figures in a Black Box.
It has Conte stickers and labels.
When were his figures issued that way ?

I also have a black Conte box, I think it came in one of the Zulu sets
Gary

The last two things I bought from Conte were British Paratroopers set #1 which came last year in a zip-loc freezer bag, and an eBay buy of an unreleased plastic John Wayne as Davy Crockett figure in a plain cardboard box. The Germans and the American paratroopers I bought ten years ago came in the colorful boxes with photos of the models.

When he first started out in the late 1990s early 2000s? that's how he sold his separate figure sets (apart from the Playsets) - I know all my first Conte sets of figures came in black boxes with 2 ea. of 8 poses. All the Zulu Warriors, 24th Foot, Warlord Normans & Vikings, and "Longest Day" US & British Paras and WW2 Germans I bought back then came that way. Then he moved to blister cards for his ACW and "Bloody Omaha" GIs.

Since then I've picked up figures here and there off ebay in plastic bags and various containers but I don't know if that's the original container or not - even some I've bought off Conte's ebay Store.

If you have a Black Box set that should be one of the early issues as far as I know.

I recall that who ever were the 'War Lord' figures came in boxes similar to the Airfix figures, 4 color with pictures, etc. I'm pretty sure that some of the German sets came that way as well. Not sure about other figures. But the WL figures I know for sure did. Wish I had some of the boxes now.

I recall that who ever were the 'War Lord' figures came in boxes similar to the Airfix figures, 4 color with pictures, etc. I'm pretty sure that some of the German sets came that way as well. Not sure about other figures. But the WL figures I know for sure did. Wish I had some of the boxes now.

Mine came in the same black boxes the Zulu and Longest Day guys came in. That's interesting. Maybe one or the other was a short run. I'd love to see those boxes just to see the artwork. Thanks for sharing that.

For OldAllAmerican, these are the color boxes I got my American Paratroopers and Waffen SS in. WIN_20150315_141025.JPGWIN_20150315_141409.JPG

My Black Boxes have no artwork.
One set is Normans #1.
The other is Vikings #1.

They will go to EBay when time permits.

For OldAllAmerican, these are the color boxes I got my American Paratroopers and Waffen SS in. View attachment 170206View attachment 170207

Now that I see the boxes, I remember them, too! Geez what an anal-cranial vaporlock on my part! So it was the Conte Warlord and Zulu sets that came in the black boxes. Thanks for taking the trouble to post pix of the boxes and correct my Sr moment (only explanation I can give!) {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back