Conte has announced a Western range. (1 Viewer)

Check out Conte's latest sneak peaks and comments on the series www.conteco.com

I hope Conte does some dancehall "queens" in actual 1870s-1880s clothing rather than the 50s TV and Vegas show girl in the preview. Looks like some "Magnificent 7" characters in the works plus the pantsless "Hannie Caulder."

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Conte's latest sneak peaks and comments on the series www.conteco.com

Thank you for alerting us. The figures look great and I especially love the dancehall queen. Reminds me of Jayne Mansfield in Sheriff of Fractured Jaw or Monroe in the film she did with Robert Mitchum. A beaut of a sculpt. The cowboys look wonderful as well.

Check out Conte's latest sneak peaks and comments on the series www.conteco.com[/QUOTE

I hope Conte does some dancehall "queens" in actual 1870s-1880s clothing rather than the 50s TV and Vegas show girl in the preview. Looks like some "Magnificent 7" characters in the works plus the pantsless "Hannie Caulder."

To each his own. I've seen many actual photos of dancehall queens and soiled doves from the real West and all I can say is that I believe Conte are doing the right thing with their interpretations. I have no interest in buying sculpts which are based upon any of the ladies I've seen in the actual photographs. Absolutely NONE including Lilly Langrtry. I suspect that many many collectors will support the Conte versions and prefer the stylized to the historically 'accurate" . Just as the tv and movie "west' realized what their customers wanted I can't help but thinking Conte has hit the nail on the head. :smile2:{sm4}

" I have no interest in buying sculpts which are based upon any of the ladies I've seen in the actual photographs. Absolutely NONE including Lilly Langrtry."

No even Adah Isaacs Menken? (That's a Rosette on her Mezzeppa costume.)

TAS-menken2-110325.jpg

How about Lotta Crabtree?

250px-Lotta_Crabtree._A_true_San_Francisco_character.jpg

Thanks, Joe.
The "Magnificent Seven" would be great after the Earps and Doc Holiday.
Konrad

Received the following from RC along with the photo an thought I'd pass it along.

An early look at the Clanton and McLaury boys. The sculpts are close but not final.
The figures are from Ike running towards Wyatt begging not to be shot; Tom McLaury falling wounded after firing from behind his horse; Frank M firing away and Billy C firing left handed after his right arm was wounded.
Very difficult to decide at what 'moment' to capture each of these characters. I think these 4 work well with our Earps.
I think we might do some alternate poses of all 8 of the principal fellows as we are receiving such a positive reaction.
Accounts and testimony differed depending upon which 'side' was doing the talking so we've had to make some choices.
Hope you like.

photoMA31135720-0001.jpg

Joseph...that could make the coolest little vignette...can you imagine them at the OK Corral...Tombstone is one of my favorite movies...

Sure woundn't mind re visiting the Crystal Place in Tombstone to enjoy another beer as I did back in 62 an wouldn't mind meeting any of the Conte ladies there for another........The Lt.

Scan2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back