"conte is back-big time" (4 Viewers)

The Lt.

Memoriam Member
Received this a short while ago from Richard Conte and thought I'd share it with you.

Dear Joe,

Here's a preview of the latest batches of hand to hand sets. There is a wall section which will go behind this set so that the Zulu can be seen as leaping from the wall. Several other hand to hand sets will go with this to make up a large vignette.

So many collectiors have asked me to do a "flying Zulu" similar to the flying Spartan set that I took some time and figured out how to make this both interesting as a scuplt but also something which could be manufacture successfully (without falling over!!) This set has already become one of my favorite sets and we are going to slip it into the production list sooner ranther than later moving it ahead of some other Zulu sets. I think we might have these beauties by April.

I think we now have 40 new metal sets (ZULU, ACW. CCC, & Medieval) into production process and I have another 35 or so sitting on my coffee table so 2010 is shaping up to be a big year for us. I doubt whether the factories will be able to keep up with the demand as we are sending over so many sets but remain hopeful that at least 25 to 30 Zulu War sets will be realeased in 2010.

FYI I just received an email from the factory advising that sets # ZULU 001, 002, 003,004, 006 and a few others should be ready by mid Febuary!!!!! (ahead of scheduled for a change. I am liking the new factories and their responsiveness as well as their excellence in painting.

The first 4 Zulu War Sets have shipped so we should be back very soon.

Thanks again for your kind encougagement. It is always terrific getting to know a fellow collector who is as crazy as I am for some of these subjects. If we had lived down the street from on another in the 50's I bet we would have been playing with toy soldiers together.

I'm glad that you and a bunch of others convinced me to do Zulu the Conte way as this is turning out to be 1 of my favorite metal rangers. While I had originally thought the Zulu market had been "done to death" by countless others, it's clear from the comments and preorders we are getting that there are alot of collectors who have felt that the efforts made by other manufactures (while nice) lack the intensity and drama which we aim for.

Kind Regards
RC

There's no dobt he's back as you can see......The Lt.

Attachments

• P1030001.jpg
    P1030001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Received this a short while ago from Richard Conte and thought I'd share it with you.

Dear Joe,

Here's a preview of the latest batches of hand to hand sets. There is a wall section which will go behind this set so that the Zulu can be seen as leaping from the wall. Several other hand to hand sets will go with this to make up a large vignette.

So many collectiors have asked me to do a "flying Zulu" similar to the flying Spartan set that I took some time and figured out how to make this both interesting as a scuplt but also something which could be manufacture successfully (without falling over!!) This set has already become one of my favorite sets and we are going to slip it into the production list sooner ranther than later moving it ahead of some other Zulu sets. I think we might have these beauties by April.

I think we now have 40 new metal sets (ZULU, ACW. CCC, & Medieval) into production process and I have another 35 or so sitting on my coffee table so 2010 is shaping up to be a big year for us. I doubt whether the factories will be able to keep up with the demand as we are sending over so many sets but remain hopeful that at least 25 to 30 Zulu War sets will be realeased in 2010.

FYI I just received an email from the factory advising that sets # ZULU 001, 002, 003,004, 006 and a few others should be ready by mid Febuary!!!!! (ahead of scheduled for a change. I am liking the new factories and their responsiveness as well as their excellence in painting.

The first 4 Zulu War Sets have shipped so we should be back very soon.

Thanks again for your kind encougagement. It is always terrific getting to know a fellow collector who is as crazy as I am for some of these subjects. If we had lived down the street from on another in the 50's I bet we would have been playing with toy soldiers together.

I'm glad that you and a bunch of others convinced me to do Zulu the Conte way as this is turning out to be 1 of my favorite metal rangers. While I had originally thought the Zulu market had been "done to death" by countless others, it's clear from the comments and preorders we are getting that there are alot of collectors who have felt that the efforts made by other manufactures (while nice) lack the intensity and drama which we aim for.

Kind Regards
RC

There's no dobt he's back as you can see......The Lt.

That is good news.

Good news, hopefully, a few sets will be released soon.

Very encouraging and a brilliant flying Zulu design. The Spartan version is one of the favorities in my collection. What does he mean when he says the first sets have shipped? I have yet to receive any followup from my pre-orders placed over many months ago.

Thanks for the intelligence update Joe! Very good news indeed . The Leaping Zulu vignette is pretty cool. Off the mealie bag wall and onto the poor ranker.
Notice the bayonet through the shield? Excellent touch.Looks like a metal storm of Conte sets this year.Good for Conte. I'm always glad to see new figures , from all sources.Thumbs up!

FubAr

Very encouraging and a brilliant flying Zulu design. The Spartan version is one of the favorities in my collection. What does he mean when he says the first sets have shipped? I have yet to receive any followup from my pre-orders placed over many months ago.

He's stating that the sets he has listed have been shipped from the factory and are on the way to the Carolina's my good sir. Hope this NE weather isn't getting to you cause it sure is getting to me. Have a great day.

Perhaps they are on a container vessel .
He mentioned mid February. I can see it taking that long, an ocean voyage,through container terminals, customs, rail to East Coast, Freight warehouse and finally trucking to Conte's tobacco warehouse.
He might not announce they are ready until he's got the manifest and delivery order in his hands.
Just in case something gets hung up in the process.
fUbaR

That hand to hand will liven up your battles Lt., hope this calms things down. As I have said many times, Conte's Toy Soldiers, are always worth the wait.:)

That hand to hand will liven up your battles Lt., hope this calms things down. As I have said many times, Conte's Toy Soldiers, are always worth the wait.:)

It sure will mike along with others and here's another view of the set.

Attachments

• P1030014.jpg
    P1030014.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 385
Gotta hand it to RC - nobody does hand-to-hand combat sets quite so well! That new set has a big "Wow factor". Now if I can just get him interested in WW2 again...

Gary B.

Leaping Zulus Batman, Sign that boy up for the Celtics!:eek::D That pose looked kinda weird till I realized he was jumping down from the wall. I love Conte action poses, Maybe someday he,ll get around to the Napoleonic era????

Leaping Zulus Batman, Sign that boy up for the Celtics!:eek::D That pose looked kinda weird till I realized he was jumping down from the wall. I love Conte action poses, Maybe someday he,ll get around to the Napoleonic era????

I can just imagine Tim what you would do with them if they came out in plastic. Hope your New Years off to a good start.

He's stating that the sets he has listed have been shipped from the factory and are on the way to the Carolina's my good sir. Hope this NE weather isn't getting to you cause it sure is getting to me. Have a great day.
Ah thank you Joe. I was hoping that is what it meant and just didn't want to miss the boat myself.;)

You can count on it Brian:D:D

LT,

I am saving for them now. How does one choose between all of the LL, Britains and old Trophy sets available and now Conte. 2010 is looking to be a good year for AZW. :D

Now where can I get another display cabinet.:D

Brian

Good news. I remember when I first saw the flying Spartan duo I was the most impressed I have been with any figure set. Great design and the Zulu version is great also.

Well i geuss that other Conte thread can now sink like the Titanic :D..Welcome back Conte!

I don't see how that set is going to calm any Zulu collector down.
More likely turn them into rabid wolves baying for more.
Well done Conte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back