Converting your own parts (sculpting) (2 Viewers)

I believe you said you were interested in some Grenadiers, check out this auction on e-bay 150112694524

Thanks guys. It's all trial and error, learning experiance.Determination -lots.
I have 2 more gunner poses for the ACW figures I'm working on and some other ACW heads, kepis with different faces, a slouch hat etc.

Wanted to make a 4 man crew. One with rammer, one standing with Handspike, { in the pix, hand with baseball bat looking handspike done now}
One pulling Lanyard and a corporal { gun sighter} leaning back away from the blast.

Yes, I'll probably make molds of them all eventually.I think I'm going to use the ACW gun crew as fodder for the 1st Resin mold.I'd like to do some of them in resin like Barzo figs.

Fub
How has it gone with the proposed resin casting of these fellas? Would be curious as to what has come of it? They look really good.
Best regards,
Mike

Thanks guys. It's all trial and error, learning experiance.Determination -lots.
I have 2 more gunner poses for the ACW figures I'm working on and some other ACW heads, kepis with different faces, a slouch hat etc.

Wanted to make a 4 man crew. One with rammer, one standing with Handspike, { in the pix, hand with baseball bat looking handspike done now}
One pulling Lanyard and a corporal { gun sighter} leaning back away from the blast.

Yes, I'll probably make molds of them all eventually.I think I'm going to use the ACW gun crew as fodder for the 1st Resin mold.I'd like to do some of them in resin like Barzo figs.

Fub
Hey Scott, I would like to know what happened to these guys as well.

Well, I made 9" molds for all the above and spincast in metal. The resin, well , too busy with real life stuf to even get started.Resin is a project I know very little about, have to study up on it. Big idea.Have to get things sorted out and other projects before I begin something totally new to me.Once I put my mind to it, I'll make it happen.
FUB

Well, I made 9" molds for all the above and spincast in metal. The resin, well , too busy with real life stuf to even get started.Resin is a project I know very little about, have to study up on it. Big idea.Have to get things sorted out and other projects before I begin something totally new to me.Once I put my mind to it, I'll make it happen.
FUB

Wouldn't the Nine Incher be better in resin, I just think that metal may be to cold for those into converting their own parts :eek:

Looking forward to the ACW figures. Will be interested in tradeing Zulu kits for Artillery:)

Wouldn't the Nine Incher be better in resin, I just think that metal may be to cold for those into converting their own parts :eek:

Okay, How about 12" molds? Only 325 degree's and 2500 PSI. 2 hours or so of that oughta fix ya.:eek:

Okay, How about 12" molds? Only 325 degree's and 2500 PSI. 2 hours or so of that oughta fix ya.:eek:

Not my scene :cool: But a guess some sort of "mold lubricant" would be appropriate, otherwise things may turn Fubar ;)

Mold lubricant is a must or else things get STUCK together forever.Terrible scene.Scalpels, pry bars, 9 pound hammers, bad very bad.
I'll never do that again!
HA
FUBAR;):D:eek::confused::(:p

I've seen a similar result :eek: A few years ago I asked an artist to make a statue of my two pet dogs Ben and Betsy, he produced the molds in due course but they were stuck together. I told him they looked wrong, but he insisted I said I wanted them mounted.

I mentioned this on another part of the board. But I'm currently working on creating my first line of metal soldiers. I'm not an artist or sculpter, so I automatically knew that my prototype figures would be cut from the parts of other plastic or metal toy soldiers. In at least one case so far. I have a hybrid metal/plastic figure. I have at least three figures that I have created so far. I also found good use for "Sculpy Clay" which is a clay that is soft, but then you bake it and it turns into a very solid paintable surface. I also made two type of molds from this material so far.

Is there anyone out there that is currently doing just parts? I'm also seeking modern US GI parts for 60mm figures.

Gene

Users who are viewing this thread

Back