CRU105-CRU109 Teutonic Knights Battle of Lake Peipus! (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Registered Member
The Battle of Lake Peipus took place in 1242 between the Livonian Branch of the Teutonic Knights and Republic of Novgorod. It was a part of the Northern Crusades of the Catholic Christian Military Orders against the "pagans" of the Eastern European Baltic states. Alternatively named "the battle on the ice" because a large part of it was fought on the surface of a frozen lake, the Battle of Lake Peipus was a significant Crusader defeat at the hands of Alexander Nevsky. Nevsky's strategy was to feign withdrawal to lure the overconfident Teutonic Knights onto the surface of the Lake. A melee ensued over the course of a few hours and the exhausted Crusaders succumbed to a final attack of the Wings of Nevsky's army. The ice of the lake began to crack under the strain in some sections and many of the heavily armored Crusaders and Teutonic Knights drowned as a result. Up to now our Crusades series has only covered the Siege of Acre, but this expansion of the range will be given the same detailed treatment with the combatants of both sides well represented allowing for wonderfully detailed dioramas of the famous Battle of Lake Peipus. We hope you enjoy this new direction of our Crusades figure range!

CRU105 Mounted Andreas von Felben - Livonian Master $219.95
CRU106 Mounted Prince Bishop Hermann of Dorpat $219.95
CRU107 Mounted Teutonic Knight Standard Bearer $219.95
CRU108 Mounted Teutonic Knight with Spear $199.95
CRU109 Mounted Teutonic Knight Sergeant with Horn $199.95
Shipping Late November

CRU105page1.jpg

CRU105

CRU105page3.jpg

CRU105

CRU106page1.jpg

CRU106

CRU106page3.jpg

CRU106

CRU107page1.jpg

CRU107

CRU107page3.jpg

CRU107

CRU108page1.jpg

CRU108

CRU108page2.jpg

CRU108

CRU109page1.jpg

CRU109

CRU109page3.jpg

CRU109

Best,

Matt
First Legion

All in on this expansion. Order is in. These look absolutely stunning. I was waiting for Lake Peipus!

Already prepared a shelf for the onslaught of Teutonic Knights.

Perfect opening batch for an under-done range/field. Each figure is a masterpiece, as usual. Hope to see some Russians from this era; they could battle Mongols too...
Thanks for the pics as always
Pat & Pat

nice figures, but FL are getting quite expensive for the average collector

nice figures, but FL are getting quite expensive for the average collector

Yes they are :(. The quality is amazing but I fear that they have moved away from their niche market of offering figures close to the quality of Russian figures at a lower cost.
I do understand that to buy a similar figure from Russia will cost you way more than what FL is asking but at the end of the day I think that their prices are now targeting higher end collectors vs. the collector base that they started with.
I asked the same question in the past: is it better to sell a higher quality figure to 10 collectors for $300 or a lesser quality figure to 30 collectors for $150?.....

I have not purchased any "Russian" figures in a while, but these FL miniatures cost about 50% of what the Russian figures go for.
I'm not saying they are the same, but I have some displayed side by side and the FL product holds its ground nicely.
I had no interest in Lake Peipus, but loved how these look soooo... I'm in!
These will make a stunning display!

I have not purchased any "Russian" figures in a while, but these FL miniatures cost about 50% of what the Russian figures go for.
I'm not saying they are the same, but I have some displayed side by side and the FL product holds its ground nicely.
I had no interest in Lake Peipus, but loved how these look soooo... I'm in!
These will make a stunning display!

Totally agree about the price and quality comparisons. Another point of note is that "Russian" manufactures just don't offer the variety of poses that First Legion does.

When has a Russian manufacturer ever released five mounted figures at one time relating to a single battle?

The best compliment for First Legion is that you can display their figures side by side with any other companies figures and they complement them, and in most cases improve the experience many times over.

Regards Gebhard

We love how First Legion, unlike most quality Russian manufacturers, does a whole group rather than just a figure or too - with this level of quality. This set of 5 is another perfect example. Hard Not to collect the complete set, even if slowly...
Keep up the great work

Yes they are :(. The quality is amazing but I fear that they have moved away from their niche market of offering figures close to the quality of Russian figures at a lower cost.
I do understand that to buy a similar figure from Russia will cost you way more than what FL is asking but at the end of the day I think that their prices are now targeting higher end collectors vs. the collector base that they started with.
I asked the same question in the past: is it better to sell a higher quality figure to 10 collectors for $300 or a lesser quality figure to 30 collectors for $150?.....

I agree, the $69 to $79 was affordable to most, but I agree slightly cheaper than Russian figures, but now the Russian market is getting better and more competitive as more are out there, hopefully FL will come back to its main stream collectors who assisted them as loyal customers from the early days

FL are great but still no near the quality of St petersburg, and also normally the Russian figures are one of a kind which is greatnorman saxons.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back