CTS New German Sets (1 Viewer)

gk5717

2nd Lieutenant
CTS has come out with 2 new German sets. One is a 4 pose artillery set and the other is an 8 pose combat set. Good for CTS.
Gary

True 54mm as well. All those lonely plastic 88s will now have crews.

I've seen the CTS German medical set up close and the detail is better than CTS's CW series. (To my eye.)

That's great news. I have been waiting for the medic set but for certain I will get the 88 crew set too. Any word on TSSD's new soldiers?

I believe the 4 pose new German set is available. My problem with that is the set is $14 but shipping is $12.
Gary

I believe the 4 pose new German set is available. My problem with that is the set is $14 but shipping is $12.
Gary[/QUOTE

I've canciled a few possible orders before paying online from CTS when I saw the postage. Maybe it's better when you buy a number of sets.

I just ordered the two new sets plus the German "medical troops" set. I hadn't ordered the medical set because of the rather high postage fee from CTS. It's not too bad when you order several sets of stuff at once, then the $12.00 is reasonable.

We'll see if these lend themselves to "customizing" :)

Gary B.

Any thoughts on what the middle pose from the artillery set is doing?

Scott are you getting any of these? would like to see one of your nice compilation photos for size comparison: Conte Germans, CTS Germans, TSSD Germans.

thanks!

CTS's WWII sets look pretty good. In just don't need yet another period to do. I wonder if there's a different sculptor from the CW sets.

Just got my new sets today. First impression is that the three new sets (medical, artillery, and assault) are close to TSSD size, versus the earlier CTS infantry set which is closer to Marx/Airfix. Sculpting is generally quite nice. I'll look at getting some photos posted before too long.

Gary B.

P7280527.JPGP7280528.JPG

Here are a couple photos showing various plastic German soldiers, Conte, 21C, old CTS, new (2012) CTS, Marx and TSSD. The old CTS are the "wimpiest" with the new CTS and TSSD being very close (IMHO) in size,"bulk" and details.

Gary B.

Here are my CTS Germans - hand painted 54mm

Attachments

• er5 (800x575).jpg
    er5 (800x575).jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 163
  • er3 (800x612).jpg
    er3 (800x612).jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 147
  • ze5 (800x431).jpg
    ze5 (800x431).jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 146
  • ze6 (800x611).jpg
    ze6 (800x611).jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 150
  • ze99 (800x579).jpg
    ze99 (800x579).jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for posting these close-ups. Your brushwork is outstanding. I really like the poses of these, but I've been waiting to see them up close before spending any money on them. CTS has done an excellent job with these, your brushwork has made them come to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back