Custers last stand (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
Can anyone tell me if they know if this series is still going to be made?.I remember hearing that it was put on hold for a while when the Crusaders were launched.I for one would definetly collect this series.There is something both brave and tragic about the events at Little Big Horn.

Rob

Wasn't it The Alamo range that put CLS on the back burner? Maybe i've gotten confused but I think it probably will still happen at some point if K&C has already done some planning and work on it.

It could be cool. Especially if it was a focused diorama like Charge of the Light Brigade where you just need a few sets to make it look good rather than needing hundreds of Indians.

Yep your probably right,it was the Alamo.I think Custers last stand would be a big seller.Could make for some very interesting dios' indeed.

Rob

Well thats three of us!.I think we may need a few more to convince Andy though!!!:D

Rob

As well as Yellowhair would have to have Crazy Horse?.I wonder if it would only be Bighorn or maybe a wider Indian war?.

Rob

Start with Custer, then expand as sales dictate.......Count me in.....Go Reno..Michael

Thanks Michael,Reno...that is the name i was trying to think of!

Rob

Put me on the list, I was so excited when Andy 1st announced it, then it was on hold, then Kinda forgot about.

As Easy said earlier, this series would lend itself very well to some excellant smaller dios.Life and death struggles etc.

Rob

hi all

i know your all K&C fans, and this may not be exactly appropriate of me to post this under the K&C thread but oh well, accept my apologies in advance,

if your interested, Black Hawk is coming out with Custer's Little Big Horn starting next month i think, some poses look good some maybe not so good,
up to the collector to decide, so in the meantime while you wait for K&C's version, this may just tie you over,

keep enjoying the hobby and have fun

Do you have a link to their site?.As you say maybe worth checking out in the meantime.

Rob

Thank you Simon,worth a little look.

Rob

Rob! "THE WEST" That was the line K&C released a few years back.
It featured mounted and foot cavalry and Indians. With a Custer figure and Crazy Horse. They were great.
I saw some on E-bay. (If you wanna' play catch up?)
Andy has mentioned a few times that he's toyed with the idea of a re-release. Maybe if we make a big enough loud enough HINT?!?

Thanks Oldcelt,i am always tempted to buy older stuff on ebay.However i may hold off on this in case we revisit the old west.Cowboys, indians,gunfighters,suddenly i'm seven years old again!

Rob

I would definately be on board for CLS if Andy were to come out with a series. I have to say, that I have seen one of the Black Hawk figures at the East Coast show in May and it was very well done. It is 1/32 scale and part of a new venture by Anrea Minatures.

I would have thought this range would be hugely popular especially amongst our American friends.Mind you i also thought this of the ACW,however i'm sure someone posted somewhere that the ACW was not as popular generally with toy soldier collectors as once it was?.Or it might have been that interest has waned in it generally after the massively successful Civil War series some years ago.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back