D Day Movies (1 Viewer)

marco55

Brigadier General
I'm guess I shouldn't be but I'm surprised that no TV station saw fit to play any D Day movies,D Day,The Sixth of June is playing on AMC on June 15th.Where are these programmers minds anymore.On Memorial Day the History Channel played Monsterquest all day.Go figure.
Mark

same in the uk,not one channel has a D DAY movie listed .so i watched SAVING PRIVATE RYAN,today as compensation,great movie for a great day.

History Channel is doing D-Day all afternoon. I think the Military Channel is doing some later.

I think that the general tv viewing public probably would not watch if they did.

I know I wouldn't.

SKY CLASSICS, a movie channel in the UK, are showing THE LONGEST DAY today, along with:

THE GUNS OF NAVARONE
THE PURPLE HEART
TWELVE O’CLOCK HIGH
SINK THE BISMARK

Cheers

Martyn:)

SKY CLASSICS, a movie channel in the UK, are showing THE LONGEST DAY today, along with:

THE GUNS OF NAVARONE
THE PURPLE HEART
TWELVE O’CLOCK HIGH
SINK THE BISMARK

Cheers

Martyn:)

These movies had no direct connection with D-Day 6 June 1944, indirect yes, but not The Purple Heart.

THE GUNS OF NAVARONE
THE PURPLE HEART
TWELVE O’CLOCK HIGH
SINK THE BISMARK

It’s a crying shame but not one of my grandsons friends except for one Jewish boy know any thing of WWII History. They know nothing of Vietnam. I’ve been there and got that T-shirt.
The schools here do not teach much on these subjects. My wife’s father was with the 101st Airborne 502 PIR Easy Company he made the D-Day Jump, Market Garden, Bastogne and the whole 9 yards. Wounded 2 twice at Bastogne (not bad) and never left the line, where was he going to go. I have a neighbor that is veteran of the Bataan Death March he want be with us much longer.:(
My grandkids have a working knowledge of WWII & Vietnam wars, they my not want it but I give a pop quiz now an then. Them who has the Gold & Car makes the rules.:)

In Britain most of the TV planners are either women, (endless cookery programmes, makeover shows, hospital dramas and "reality" offerings), or spotty faced youths who seem to regard their mobile phones as a life support system and whose choice of programmes reflect their taste in music ie repetitious crap. What chance do normal people have?

A lot of younger people don't like the older movies but I thought SPR and Band of Brothers might play.I have a 100 + channels and you think one of them might play something.
Mark

History ch here had it all day yesterday, they have stuff on again today to. They had all about the cdns in caen etc. Finished off with private ryan at 9pm. They have band of brothers marathon on today. Longest day was on yesterday to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back