DAK 15 cm Howitzer pics (1 Viewer)

Pauck

Private 1st Class
I had the chance to get this howitzer but I found no photos, only the original from Figarti
here now photos of the schwere Feldhaubitze 18 15 cm (s.FH 18)
Efa8Wnf.jpg

gxvYSV3.jpg

COaRHPg.jpg

IocqJaF.jpg

3xpST0d.jpg

vd3Wr1m.jpg

Great photos; much better than the Figarti photos IMO.

How does it go scale wise with K&C,nice pics to mate.

If the Figarti figures are 65-68 mm tall than the Howitzer will be size compatable with K&C, TCS and TG. I think most Figarti figures wll fall into that range, given the small sample I have to measure.

How does it go scale wise with K&C,nice pics to mate.
Hi Wayne, Figarti figurine is a little bit bigger then K&C, but with cap both has nearly the same size (Figarti without base 63 mm)
Figarti left, K&C right
e4RONQz.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great piece, glad I purchased it years ago.

Tom

Attachments

• DSC01661.jpg
    DSC01661.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01657.jpg
    DSC01657.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 197
10cmsk18.jpg

I think the Figarti figures are a bit oversize for the gun. Figarti artillery is the best made to date IMO. Unfortunatly the figures leave a lot to be desired and vary greatly in size.

The figures may be a bit oversized to the gun Kat but I like them and I think they look great aesthetically and also scale wise. Here's another pic to show the compatibility.

Tom

Attachments

• DSC01654.jpg
    DSC01654.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 174
So, there's the gun, all nicely cammed up to avoid being easily spotted - with a couple of red and white barber shop poles or something along the trail pieces. Does anyone know what that's about?

So, there's the gun, all nicely cammed up to avoid being easily spotted - with a couple of red and white barber shop poles or something along the trail pieces. Does anyone know what that's about?

This is what I found off the net John:

"The short answer is that they are “aiming posts”. The longer answer is that they are cleaning staves painted up to look like aiming posts. So, what exactly are aiming posts and what are they used for? First of all aiming posts are only used for indirect fire weapons such as artillery guns and howitzers or mortars. When guns are deployed by an artillery battery a survey device known as an aiming circle or director is set up to the left front of the battery".

Someone with expertise in artillery might have another answer.

Tom

Thanks Tom, they're certainly meant to be seen, so that makes sense. Maybe one of the artillery guys will explain it further?

Hi Katana,
I would say in my opinion the best being the Henchliffe, by far ( but they have been put out of business by the China based competition ) closesly followed by First Legion....( but then it is made from high tech plastic ....unfortunately! Cold metal like in the past we will not see.....some small runs by Japanese manufacturers but even these are few and far apart...). Here are the pictures of the guns....I have them in Field Grey as my focus is the Westren Front.....

View attachment 194349

I think the Figarti figures are a bit oversize for the gun. Figarti artillery is the best made to date IMO. Unfortunatly the figures leave a lot to be desired and vary greatly in size.

Attachments

• 150_firing.jpg
    150_firing.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3927.JPG
    IMG_3927.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image002 (19).jpg
    image002 (19).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image002 (21).jpg
    image002 (21).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image002 (25).jpg
    image002 (25).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 107
I agree the Henchcliff pieces were excellent; but they were 54 mm size. Your dioramas are very nice! The top photo is of my Hausser 726 105mm Long Range Gun in traditional Tin Plate 70 mm size, it actually fires and elevates. The gun crew is TCS. The second photo is the 1/30 scale Bandai Hummel kit. The Muzzel Brake was added in about 1944 when a #8 charge was developed to increase the range to match Russian Guns.

P1010493.JPGP1010492.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back