Here we go:

A German Armored column moves into to secure a small town south of Carentan:

DDayPlus41_1.jpg

DDayPlus41.jpg

DDayPlus41_6.jpg

DDayPlus41_9.jpg

DDayPlus41_12.jpg

DDayPlus41_2.jpg

Very nice Chris, well done mate:)! Is that all King and Country??

Regards,

Molloy.

Chris, very nice in natural day light.

You are braver than I. With such solid ground and my having what I refer to as the "dropizes." When ever I move any of my stuff around I always drop one or two; I really should use a matress or padding. Too have concrete near any of my stuff is beyond reasonable.

The recon reports weren't exactly correct, an understrength airborne element has hooked up with a British Cromwell and is not going to budge:

DDayPlus41_18.jpg

DDayPlus41_16.jpg

DDayPlus41_5.jpg

A target rich environment presents itself- the 30 gunner opens up to draw fire and divert Jerry's attention away from his buddies ambush:

DDayPlus41_19.jpg

DDayPlus41_15.jpg

Shots ring out, the 30 cal is rocking, Jerry takes a hit but is resilient and ready to respond:

DDayPlus41_8.jpg

DDayPlus41_4.jpg

DDayPlus41_3.jpg

Let's go Eazy!!! Open up!!!

DDayPlus41_13.jpg

"Second Squad on me!! CURRAHEE!!!!" (Yes, I know they are 82nd, but the Cpl is 101st!! :D)

DDayPlus41_10-1.jpg

DDayPlus41_10.jpg

Here comes air support!!!

DDayPlus41_11.jpg

Must...resist....urge.....to...grab......figures!!!!!

DDayPlus41_17.jpg

Very nice Chris, well done mate:)! Is that all King and Country??

Regards,

Molloy.

Thanks fellas!! Yes, it's all KC with the exception of the Jagdpanter- that is Honor Bound and the hedgerows are Conte (I believe).

Somebody better take note of that Jerry on the second floor or they are in for a world of hurt.

Chris,
Nice job, that K & C village is a beauty, perhaps the best terrain set ever made. Although the Conte stuff is outstanding as well; I just got my hands on one of his churches that will be on my tables at Delaware and Gettysburg The Conte pieces are all world..........

Absolutly Love The Outdoors Look, Really Makes The Set Up Stand Out, Great Work Chris.....sammy

Great pictures looks like a blast!Having two boys of my own I know what you mean about dirty little hands reaching for your soldiers Yikes!!

Hello CC,

Wonderful work,

What kind of camera did you use?

IXEC

Now that's what TS collecting ought to be all about. Involving the kids, everyone having fun.
Luv the photos Chris and looking forward to more.
Cheers
H

Thanks for the kind words fellas. When I went to take everything apart, I realized I didn't grab any shots of the Puma sitting in the fighting position!!:eek: What a dope!!

I used my Nikon Coolpix L10.

One other thing- the position that the Puma is in, that is a dugout made by Formtech. Some of the other little scenic pieces are from Forces of Valor- the tank obstacle, the red letter mailbox, etc. But otherwise, most of it is KC.

Chris, I really enjoyed looking at those pics, and look forward to the next episode :)

And you are telling us that it is Sayanora WWII. I think you will return to the theme after a while. Great ser up and great weather. I can sense the wonder of a Northern Hemisphere Spring in those pictures.
Well done my friend and please keep posting. I look forward to some of your ancients. Spitfrnd has already done a great version of Thermopylae so you have a benchmark
Regards
damian

Oz, Damian- thanks for the kind words. I really have a new found respect for these guys that do these "Diodramas"- it took me 2.5 hours to set all that stuff up and snap the shots. It has to be a true labor of love.

I saw Spitfire's setup and it is very impressive- I cannot hope to match that anytime soon.

Great shots Chris. I have to agree with Harry getting out there and having some fun, that's what it's all about.

Thanks for posting pics of your collection :)

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back