Desert Village arrived, more buildings & mystery figures. (1 Viewer)

The Military Workshop

1st Lieutenant
Hi guys,
I have just received the new Desert Village diorama items. Now I am totally biased I know (I am a dealer after all) but these are great items and good value.
However of interest is the box art which shows :
SP33 The Stables
SP35 Village House (different to the shop SP32)
SP36 The Wall front and back view. This is three levels. The inside of the wall is detailed with doorway, 3 windows on ground floor, then steps and walkway on 2nd level; and then walkway on top level. However I can see the need for just "basic" walls as this version is much more than just a flat wall.
Village figures - one of the images shows a single villager on a mat doing something with a pot and another villager item is two adults and a child on a mat. Could be from 1 AD to 1900's (I stand to be corrected as to the exact period).
I don't recall seeing these before.
Box art shows these buildings with figures from Napoleonics, The Alamo, SAS/LRDG, Knights, retired AK camel guys (should help sales for anybody with a supply of those !!) and AK35 and other AK's.
I have just sent an email to K&C to see if they can upload their box art images into this thread.
Have a great weekend everybody.
Regards
Brett

Excellent Brett,its good to know these will go with North African WW2 Troops and vehicles.

Rob

Hi Guys,

Following Brett's (Military Workshop) suggestion here's a few shots of K&C's "Desert Village" packaging and some of the photos we used on the boxes showing the Village's unique versatility.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy C.

Attachments

• Desert Valley_Box.jpg
    Desert Valley_Box.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 430
  • _DSC0237.jpg
    _DSC0237.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 435
  • _DSC0238.jpg
    _DSC0238.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 434
  • _DSC0239.jpg
    _DSC0239.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 434
  • _DSC0240.jpg
    _DSC0240.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 424
Here are some more...

Attachments

• _DSC0241.jpg
    _DSC0241.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 410
  • _DSC0243.jpg
    _DSC0243.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 405
  • _DSC0271.jpg
    _DSC0271.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 406
  • _DSC0272.jpg
    _DSC0272.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 404
The last two photos...

Attachments

• _DSC0283.jpg
    _DSC0283.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 411
  • _DSC0287.jpg
    _DSC0287.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 406
WOW, they look very attractive and versatile sets. Of course I will be using those in my future Beersheba display - by Christmas time hopefully ;)

Hello Andy C.,

Thanks very much for posting these great images.

Before long, I shall end up collecting K&C.:rolleyes:

Cheers, Raymond.

:)

Thanks Andy.
The image showing the Arab figures is in the photo with the two boxes. Bottom box 2nd photo from left.
Regards
Brett

Dear Terry,
Not sure about the palm trees shown but during Andy's recent visit here he did mention plans for some K&C palm trees.
Regards
Brett
PS Now guys who have the Iraq/Afghan figures will be happy as I forgot about them with these buildings. Unfortunately retired.

Hey these look really nice,Andy you have ignited a Big Red 1 dio idea!:)

Thanks to Andy and Brett

Rob

All I can say is that as a dealer trying to make some nice shop displays these buildings are giving me a headache thinking about what to display them with untill the Light Horse arrive. I am leaning towards the Medieval setting but I can see I will be using a few of them.

These would be most suitable for Khartoum :) so all we need now is Camel Corps and a load of Madists! :cool:

Wishfull thinking Jeff ;)

Its enough to start you collecting Crusaders!

Rob

These would look good with a few of the Legionnaire Maroc exclusive figures for Toysoldier paris.

These are very nice. But I dont no if I will have the room for them. I hope those palm trees are going to be available to buy.

Just what my Crusaders and Saracens need. So long to Dept 56 items.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back