Dickens (2 Viewers)

jazzeum

Four Star General
Andy brought three figures with them. They look really nice, very well sculpted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 545
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 556
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 548
These will do for me that look great. Are these an add on to the previous releases from years ago or a reissue of the complete range with buildings

Thanks Brad
I will definitely be buying these. I love having the originals, but the detail of both the sculpt and painting are great on these!

Another series to collect{eek3}, but they look too good to pass up, dam. Robin.

But..Who can be interested in collecting Dickens carachters...And why? Why not Maupassant' s or Twain's or any other novelist? And what interest in having a novel little figures? {sm2}

But..Who can be interested in collecting Dickens carachters...And why? Why not Maupassant' s or Twain's or any other novelist? And what interest in having a novel little figures? {sm2}
Charles Dickens is very popular in the English speaking world and many of his characters and stories have been made into movies.
I am quite fond of his stories and characters.
There are quite a few Mark Twain figures out there in the glossy world.

These will be a nice success that you can bet on. I like the old ones too but these look great in person. They are extremely well done!
Tom

ONLY for the english speaking people anyway...And even if you like, what interest in having 19th century little figures at home?They make you think of the industrial revolution,pollution, sadness..... I would have preferred Robinson Crusoe eventually, but if they do this there must be someone who likes...

ONLY for the english speaking people anyway...And even if you like, what interest in having 19th century little figures at home?They make you think of the industrial revolution,pollution, sadness..... I would have preferred Robinson Crusoe eventually, but if they do this there must be someone who likes...
Mate.....your cup seems to be always half empty {sm2}
Wayne.

I think Dickens, as an author, has universal appeal; he is an author who transcends nationality; A Tale of Two Cities, A Christmas Carol, Oliver, Great Expectations and so forth.

If the Streets of Hong Kong can do well, why not Dickens.

Personally, I like them. I collect Trophy's civilian range, Town & Country, and look forward to adding these. Hudson & Allen will be making me an English house where I can use both. If Dickens is successful, perhaps we will see a building or two.

Brad

The original releases came with building facades. Sure there will be some new ones for this series. Expect it to be most colourful series, a nice contrast to the battle conflicts. ^&cool, Robin.

You could use the Dickens figures for a scene from a Victor Hugo novel quite easily
Same as WB Jane Austen sets
They could also double for First Empire civilians

Best idea I have ever seen for a "series". Robinson Crusoe and Friday and all the other characters:salute:: Wonder which brand will jump on this idea.

Best idea I have ever seen for a "series". Robinson Crusoe and Friday and all the other characters:salute:: Wonder which brand will jump on this idea.

Yes, maybe better a "plantation"....It woud make an interesting historical diorama, museum like...{sm3} Plus , it can be combined with ACW figures!

Agree, at the end of the day they will end up as extras in a Victorian Town diorama, or maybe a Napoleonic one.....:salute:::salute:::salute::Not sure what to do with the Christmas ghosts though{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
Now if buildings are also included in this new series we can given them an extra life span by using them as backdrops to European Dios.....for our marshalling troops......

Agree, at the end of the day they will end up as extras in a Victorian Town diorama, or maybe a Napoleonic one.....:salute:::salute:::salute::Not sure what to do with the Christmas ghosts though{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
Now if buildings are also included in this new series we can given them an extra life span by using them as backdrops to European Dios.....for our marshalling troops......

Artillery crazy..I think we agree on many things..:)

You know, if you don't like it, don't buy it but there will be many who will and who will like it. I'm not even sure why you continue to post about it.

I always find that when a movie comes out that I find interesting or a toy soldier company brings out a line, it's a good opportunity to read about the historical period it represents. In this case, a chance to go back and read some Dickens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back