Did Alan F. Kelsey make these two figures? (1 Viewer)

MikeNick

Sergeant
Can anyone help me identify two figures. One has "Alan" under the base. The seller claimed they were both by Alan F. Kelsey but only one has has "Alan" under its both. Also, they look different in style. The one with "Alan" under its base seems to be a 16th century figure and the other is a pirate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
MikeNick

Attachments

• Keley 2.jpeg
    Keley 2.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 257
  • kelsey 1.jpeg
    kelsey 1.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 258
Mike,

I painted the pirate for Tom Dubel a couple of years ago, but it came in a packet which indicated he and the other three were made by S S Kresce Co.

Maybe yours is a copy or has a modified base ???

4pirates.jpg

John

Alan was not a "maker". Alan was a converter. He took existing figure lines and "kitbashed" to come up with some wonderful creations. He could construct anything into a scene. SO, the answer to your question is that Alan didn't not make those figures. John is correct in that the pirate was a metal figure on card (inexpensive) figure that was painted fairly well, the other figure with ALAN on the base is another maker whose name escapes me. That said, it doesn't preclude Alan Kelsey from painting them, however in most cases, he tended to sign the base of his items with "Alan F. Kelsey" in a cursive script. This is a tough one.

TD

Alan was not a "maker". Alan was a converter. He took existing figure lines and "kitbashed" to come up with some wonderful creations. He could construct anything into a scene. SO, the answer to your question is that Alan didn't not make those figures. John is correct in that the pirate was a metal figure on card (inexpensive) figure that was painted fairly well, the other figure with ALAN on the base is another maker whose name escapes me. That said, it doesn't preclude Alan Kelsey from painting them, however in most cases, he tended to sign the base of his items with "Alan F. Kelsey" in a cursive script. This is a tough one.

TD
Thanks. I appreciate it.
MikeNick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back