Diorama For Louis (1 Viewer)

Firebat

2nd Lieutenant
Picture155M.jpg

I know how much Lewis enjoys his aircraft............................... this one is for you. Alex

Re: Diorama For Lewis

Nice one - great truck and plane by the way, what is it, FOV?

The Aircraft is a weathered 21st Century P47. Since is is relatively inexpensive I don't mind messing it up a bit.

The Stake Truck is by 1st Gear / Britains, and it is weathered.

The Tank Truck is by 1st Gear / Britains, it is custom painted and weathered.

I scratch built the Quonset Huts and Nick did the trees.

The figures are Frontline B17 crew members. Close enough.

The Figure holding the paperwork is Britains.

The Figures in the rear are Figarti and a lot of the Accessories are Figarti.

This is part of a large air base in my basement, the rest will be shown in a future Diorama. You can see more pics of this one at the usual places. Alex

I just realized I spelled LOUIS's name wrong...sorry. Alex

Picture155M.jpg

I know how much Lewis enjoys his aircraft............................... this one is for you. Alex

Dear Alex,

Thanks so much. That is an excellent airfield diorama! I hope that when K&C re-commences warbird production, the accessories, pilots, ground crew and vehicles allow me to attempt similar scenes. Your's, however, is exceptional!

Do we know for a fact that they will be producing the Ground Crews, Vehicles and Accessories? Alex

Should Warbird production actually recommence as expected, Andy has committed to groundcrew, related vehicles, and diorama materials. Andy has presonally told me that he wants to produce the warbirds as much as I want them, has explained the present status of the Storch project to me (very exciting!). Lets put it this way, if the factory comes through with a product that matches the prototype, there will be a whole new warbirds series.

Great job. Very thought provoking.

Other than the lighting , it looks very realistic. I like it:)

Thanks to all...........................enjoy...........

Last edited:
I hope it happens as planned, I am getting board with the usual Diorama themes, I really enjoyed the last two aircraft oriented dioramas, we have at least one more planned.

I am disappointed you didn't like the lighting I artificially put it in there to represent the dawn of an Autumn day. Although I appreciate the feedback. Alex

Picture127M.jpg

How about this lighting

Brad - Also can you change the spelling on Louis's name it is embarrassing

Last edited:
Brad - Also can you change the spelling on Louis's name it is embarrassing

Don't worry about the spelling. I am just honored and pleased that you though to dedicate this diorama to me. It makes me really hopeful that Andy and his new factory come through with the new Warbirds series!

Alex,

I haven't figured out how to change it in the main title but will fix it otherwise.

Speaking of names I thought 'Eileen' had one undercarriage longer than the other :)

Thank you gentlemen, this was a Diorama that I thought was going to be average compared to some of the other ones I did, but it has become one of my favorites. Alex

Thank you gentlemen, this was a Diorama that I thought was going to be average compared to some of the other ones I did, but it has become one of my favorites. Alex

Alex,

It is one of my favorites as well.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back