Display or Diorama? (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
Hi guys.Bare with me as i am recovering from a traumatic experience,from which i may need counselling and some sort of drugs.This morning i placed the purchases i made on Saturday in my display cabinets.And to my horror discovered that my Allied figure cabinet is now completly full with no room for additions!!!!:eek::eek:.I spoke to my good lady and said 'My allied figure cabinet is full,what am i to do'????? 'Stop buying Allied figures' came the reply:rolleyes:.

Anyway i was wondering how many of you display and how many of you put your figures and vehicles in dio's on permanent display.There are some very very talented people on this forum who make stunning dio's,but me i'm a display guy.I like looking at the ranks of tanks as it were lined up on my shelves.I think Dio's are either one thing or the other.They are either fantastic works of imagination and hard work that bring out the very best in the models,or they lack a certain something and water down the realism of the figures and Vehicles.

So guys Dio or Display?

Rob

Both mate.

I like small dio type scenes for some bits, but they do eat in to your display space and so, by necessity, other pieces are 'just' displayed.

I also like putting together larger dios to photo, but these are only very temporary, and only last until I've reeled some photos off.

Anyway, I've got a solution for your excess Allied pieces. Can you guess what it is? ;):D

Both mate.

I like small dio type scenes for some bits, but they do eat in to your display space and so, by necessity, other pieces are 'just' displayed.

I also like putting together larger dios to photo, but these are only very temporary, and only last until I've reeled some photos off.

Anyway, I've got a solution for your excess Allied pieces. Can you guess what it is? ;):D

Does it involve me posting them to a certain city connected with a famous British outlaw???:D

Rob

I agree with Wraith!

It depens of a lot of things.

Try your way out and then deside. Personal i find the K&C, Frontline etc. figures very suitable for dioramas whereas single painted models is to prefer as displays.

Good luck! :)

I recall a poll on this way back when. Personally I display on shelves, but in a sort of diorama situation. I don't have any action poses so my guys are waiting around for something to happen, reading maps, discussing the weather, or just plain lollygaging as some would say :)

Btw guys, I bought the K & C table and chairs set (SP019) at the weekend, which cost all of $9, thank goodness for Mastercard. It goes well with my Commanders Conference set. Ok, the chairs are a bit big, but maybe they're big chairs ;)

Hey Rob,

I like small dios for most of my collection. But I do have several airplanes and tanks that, for reasons of space and volume, are just displayed. Jim

I only display my figures in a cabinet as I don't have the space for dio's :(

Jeff

Panda,

That winter set up you created easily looks as good as anything I've got.

Rob

I really like doing dioramas for my collection - it gives action and tells a story.

People really enjoy seeing a scene or a certain battle. :)

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back