Do You Collect Matte or Gloss and Age of Collectors (1 Viewer)

Do You Collect Gloss or Matte and How Old Are You?

• Gloss and between 0-19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matte and between 0-19

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Gloss and between 20-29

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Matte and between 20-29

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gloss and between 30-39

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Matte and between 30-39

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • Gloss and between 40-49

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Matte and between 40-49

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Gloss and between 50-59

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Matte and between 50-59

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Gloss and between 60-69

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Matte and between 60-69

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Gloss and between 70-79

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Matte and between 70-79

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

jazzeum

Four Star General
As suggested by Pat in the Age of Collectors thread, let's see if we can get people to indicate what they collect and then have it broken down by age to test the thesis that younger collectors collect matte and older collectors gloss.

When you vote, you can only pick gloss or matte. So, if you collect gloss more than matte, that should be your choice, even if you collect both.

There is no option for collecting both. I am less than 40 (by two years) and I collect both. Matte for WWII and glossy for colonial and WWI. There is overlap though.
Regards
Damian

Hi Brad,

Thanks for organizing this poll. The results are already becoming interesting.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Like Damian I collect both and paint my kit figures in both styles so between Damian and I we've add a point to each category although there's a difference in age....The Lt.

I,m 35 and collect both ,the majority of my collection is gloss
so thats where my vote goes.

17, majority of my collection is matte, but I collect both and the gloss count will shortly increase. I had to vote matte, though.

I'm 39 (for a little while longer) and I collect matt for WWII to the present time (as WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and the present conflict are too close to the present to be "cute" or "toyish") and glossy for all 18th and 19th century conflicts (the colorfull uniforms look better and more nostalgic in glossy). I also collect matt for these earlier eras and glossy for the later stuff where K&C had done them (I'm a K&C completist). I didn't vote in the pole because there was no catagory for both.

I'm 39 (for a little while longer) and I collect matt for WWII to the present time (as WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and the present conflict are too close to the present to be "cute" or "toyish") and glossy for all 18th and 19th century conflicts (the colorfull uniforms look better and more nostalgic in glossy). I also collect matt for these earlier eras and glossy for the later stuff where K&C had done them (I'm a K&C completist). I didn't vote in the pole because there was no catagory for both.

Unfortunately, the number of options you're allowed in the poll wouldn't allow that or I would have done that. However, I think most of your collection is matte, isn't it?

43 and Matte,although i have a large WW1 Gloss collection and a small Gloss Zulu collection.

Rob

Unfortunately, the number of options you're allowed in the poll wouldn't allow that or I would have done that. However, I think most of your collection is matte, isn't it?

Most of what I display is, but there are a couple of thousand glossy figures behind those knee walls in storage, so I think it is pretty close to 50-50.

Hi Guys,

To say I am surprised by the number of glossy collectors would be an understatement. I am as many of you know a Glossy collector but I have a few Matte sets sprinkled in. But my vote will always be for the glossy range.

Louis you need to put a display together that highlights one or two of your glossy sets for your museum and pull some of those thousands out of the dark so others can enjoy them too. Just one shelf or table top would be enough to show the difference in styles.

All the best

Dave

Well so far after 35 votes spread over the age groupings, 80% (28 votes) are for matte, mainly 30 years upwards.

I collect gloss except for K&C WW2, A. Egypt and Crusades. Also HB/NMA WW2, and a few Frontline WW1. Currently collecting Gloss F&I War and Napoleonic sets. Always looking for Trophy sets.

I now collect gloss ( I saw the light...:), but have matte stuff and keep collecting Art IG ( from Latvia ) Napoleonics, which are matte. I would never think of collecting WWII in gloss though, don't really know why... Ah, I am 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back