Eagle Designs AFV (1 Viewer)

daruss

First Sergeant
The scale issues of these things are ticking me offf
Are Eagle Design vehicles too big for first legion . What about war Park ??

War Park fits with Britains, First Legion and War Park. I think with ED it depends.

I have the Eagle Design Kingtiger and it is a true 1/30 scale. I display it with Figarti Panzers and figures from W. Britains, Kronprinze etc. I posted a photo of it with figures up thread.

The scale issues of these things are ticking me offf
Are Eagle Design vehicles too big for first legion . What about war Park ??

Depends on which Eagle Design vehicle and which War Park stuff.

The Eagle Stugs, Panzer III, and Tiger are big if you measure them out, although the First Legion Panzer III was big too and no one ever seemed to care. War Park stuff is slightly larger than 1/30, but close enough that everyone uses it with FL figures and think it looks good.

The Eagle King Tiger, Panzer II, Marder, and halftracks are more accurate 1/30 and look right with FL figures.

What are you trying to make work? I've had most all that stuff so could point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
So the ED Stug IIIs are also the larger (1/28) scale like their Panzer IIIs?

I haven’t gotten one yet, though I do have one currently on the way from China, and I’ve been trying to decide which figures to use with it. I was planning on War Park figures, but if they’re too small, I’ve also got some K&C figures that will work for the scene I’ve got in mind...

“What are you trying to make work? I've had most all that stuff so could point you in the right direction.”

i want to get the ED grey marder and grey Halftrack..It looks like First Legion has no interest in re-issuing the older AFVs 😡
im hoping those will go with FL Germans ..
Also, I didn’t relize the FL panzer 3 was too big. Are we talking K&C big?
if anyone would like to sell me some old FL, please message me..

i want to get the ED grey marder and grey Halftrack..It looks like First Legion has no interest in re-issuing the older AFVs 😡
im hoping those will go with FL Germans.
Also, I didn’t relize the FL panzer 3 was too big. Are we talking K&C big?

I probably should have clarified what I meant by big. Most everything by FL, Eagle Design, War Park falls somewhere between 1/29-1/30 if you measure it out. It's a small enough size discrepancy that most all of the tanks/figures mix and match just fine. It will all blend on a shelf fine. Size discrepancy really only shows itself I some zoomed in photos or if you're really paying attention. I'm a rivet counter of the first order, so stuff that jumps out at me most people don't even notice.

The ED Marder is one of the ones closer to 1/30. It will look good with FL figures, you'll be happy with that I think. The halftrack is a little bigger than the FL halftracks but again would look fine. If you care about historical accuracy, the Eagle grey halftrack never existed (it's a later Ausf D model which were introduced after grey was already phased out). A camo one with grey FL Germans works for 1943 scenarios.

So the ED Stug IIIs are also the larger (1/28) scale like their Panzer IIIs?

I haven’t gotten one yet, though I do have one currently on the way from China, and I’ve been trying to decide which figures to use with it. I was planning on War Park figures, but if they’re too small, I’ve also got some K&C figures that will work for the scene I’ve got in mind...

Most War Park figures will look fine with it. The tank riders especially. Some of the War Park panzer crew might look a little small. I'll post some pics of this combo tomorrow.

Most War Park figures will look fine with it. The tank riders especially. Some of the War Park panzer crew might look a little small. I'll post some pics of this combo tomorrow.

Thanks! I’ve been pairing my ED Panzer IIIL with K&C or Thomas Gunn figures which looked a little better with it compared to the smaller War Park or First Legion figures. The Panzer III was noticeably large when compared to the ED Panzer IVD, Panzer IVG, Panzer II, King Tiger etc. Those tanks seemed to be closer to proper 1/30 scale whereas the Panzer III appeared closer to 1/28. I was just curious if the ED Stug III was larger as well and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was... Overall, it’s no issue as I’ve got figures that will work with it for the little scene I have in mind, regardless of scale.

The ED Stug is the same hull/track dimensions as the Panzer III, just in StuG form. Whatever size impression you have of the Panzer III will be the same for the Stug.

The ED Stug is the same hull/track dimensions as the Panzer III, just in StuG form. Whatever size impression you have of the Panzer III will be the same for the Stug.

Thanks! Good to know... I kind of suspected the ED Panzer III and Stug would be the same size. Looks like I’ll be using K&C figures with my ED Stug when it eventually arrives 😉

Thanks! Good to know... I kind of suspected the ED Panzer III and Stug would be the same size. Looks like I’ll be using K&C figures with my ED Stug when it eventually arrives 😉

Would really like to see some pic's of the ED Stug and K&C figures if you get a chance to post any? ^&grin

Would really like to see some pic's of the ED Stug and K&C figures if you get a chance to post any? ^&grin

I’m still awaiting my ED Stug III from China, but here are some pics of my ED Panzer III L with some some K&C and Thomas Gunn figures... I think the figures scale well with this particular ED model, which seems to be about 1/28 scale. The figures are too large next the ED Panzer IVs, which are 1/30 scale.

C53310-FA-67-FD-486-D-8-FBF-EDA42-DB701-D1.jpg

86-C04405-4-EDE-4-A8-E-8-C43-955-B8-D5-CCF08.jpg

I can get some with K&C bbg and the ED stug for you tonight if no one else does by then.

I’m still awaiting my ED Stug III from China, but here are some pics of my ED Panzer III L with some some K&C and Thomas Gunn figures... I think the figures scale well with this particular ED model, which seems to be about 1/28 scale. The figures are too large next the ED Panzer IVs, which are 1/30 scale.

C53310-FA-67-FD-486-D-8-FBF-EDA42-DB701-D1.jpg

86-C04405-4-EDE-4-A8-E-8-C43-955-B8-D5-CCF08.jpg

Well they seem to both work together ok, will be interesting to see if they'd also go with the ED Stugs?

I'd seen some earlier comparisons of ED AVs & K&C figures in previous threads a while back and the figures looked way too big to me.

Thanks heaps for posting.

Here is a couple with K&C and Warpark with the ED stug.
Hope it helps. I like most use ED with Warpark or FL.
However I do use their Tiger with my K&C.

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1690.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 260
Do you have a picture of FL Soldiers next to ED stuG?
Unfortunaley, the First Legion stuG sells for $1600 😡

Do you have a picture of FL Soldiers next to ED stuG?
Unfortunaley, the First Legion stuG sells for $1600 😡

I can grab a few but unfortunately not tonight. They are the same as war park in scale.

Here is a couple with K&C and Warpark with the ED stug.
Hope it helps. I like most use ED with Warpark or FL.
However I do use their Tiger with my K&C.

Thanks for posting those comparisons mate, much appreciated.

The WP figures seem to work scale-wise, but the K&C winter boys look a bit over-sized to me.

Would be interested to hear what others think?

Cheers.

For what it is worth IMO War Park goes best with ED AFV.

FL goes best with FL AFV

TGM and K&C don't go with ED AFV nor War Park or FL they go best with TCS 1/28 AFV

Depending on which K&C AFV TGM and K&C can be used

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back