Earthquake in Tri State Area (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
We had a fairly sizable quake today in NW NJ, the epicenter was two miles from here. I was in the shower when there was a large bang and everything started shaking. Some things fell off shelves. I don’t believe we had any damage to our house but the cats scattered. I didn’t see any trees down or the like so that’s good news.

The quake was 4.8 but when it came to my collection more like a 20. Many things knocked down and a few broken. Hopefully they can be fixed. I had to go out so I wasn’t able to check everything and determine the extent of the damage.

We had a fairly sizable quake today in NW NJ, the epicenter was two miles from here. I was in the shower when there was a large bang and everything started shaking. Some things fell off shelves. I don’t believe we had any damage to our house but the cats scattered. I didn’t see any trees down or the like so that’s good news.

The quake was 4.8 but when it came to my collection more like a 20. Many things knocked down and a few broken. Hopefully they can be fixed. I had to go out so I wasn’t able to check everything and determine the extent of the damage.

I lived in California many years and there is nothing like the sensation of an earthquake. We had a pretty good jolt several years ago in PA. Everyone thinks the big one is coming to California and it will eventually, but the East coast has some major earthquake faults.

We had a smaller one in the 2000s but not as bad as this.

Looks like two older K & C figures totaled and 10 or so others damaged but fixable.

I didn't even know it happened till around noon.
Mark

We had an aftershock around 6pm that wasn’t as severe but still lasted about 10 seconds. We may get more in the coming days.

We felt the earthquake where I live on Long Island, New York. Its the second time since I moved here that we had one. The whole house shook for about 10 seconds, but nothing was broken. When it first hit I thought a truck had run off the road and hit my house, but when it kept going I realized it was an earthquake.

We felt the earthquake where I live on Long Island, New York. Its the second time since I moved here that we had one. The whole house shook for about 10 seconds, but nothing was broken. When it first hit I thought a truck had run off the road and hit my house, but when it kept going I realized it was an earthquake.

That would be a scary situation Louis, we don't get many earthquakes in Australia fortunately.

Felt it here in Maryland for about 10 secs too. very mild but unnerving as I was on a client call and paused!
Tom

Just had another aftershock for about five seconds. I’d guess it was around 3.

Hope you guys stay safe up there, I guess a number of small aftershocks are preferable to fewer/larger earthquakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back