East Coast Toy Soldier Show 2023 (1 Viewer)

Fast Eddie booked this over the Summer. After the Lango family talking about it last year and not organizing it he locked it up.

The dealers that attend his other shows committed to it. I will be there myself.

Attachments

• NJSHOWOCTsmall.jpg
    NJSHOWOCTsmall.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 250
Was there a need to post in this thread when you also started a thread on another Eddie show, which very few people attend anyway.

Was there a need to post in this thread when you also started a thread on another Eddie show, which very few people attend anyway.

Brady I actually posted this here first since. This is the only news I have of a show at this point. If it bothers you so much ask Julie to delete the comment.

Brady I actually posted this here first since. This is the only news I have of a show at this point. If it bothers you so much ask Julie to delete the comment.

It’s Brad by the way. I really don’t understand your first sentence “posted this here first since.” What does that mean? I will assume that what you meant to say is that you posted it here first. Regardless of whether you posted this first or second, what was the necessity of posting it here? Although this may be the only news you have of a show, it has nothing to do with the East Coast Show, the occurrence of which is starting to look doubtful.

The promoter posted on his website in May the college had given him a date, October 29th.

No further posts since then.

As of today, as a long time dealer, I have not received a contract and since the assigned date is about a month away, I'd venture to guess for the second year in a row despite the college giving him a date both years, he has decided not to run the show.

What a shame, what a sin.

Best show on the East Coast of its kind and now it looks like it's gone.

A few months ago I had contact the Fairleigh Dickinson office that leases space for third party events and they told me they had not heard from the Langos so I concluded at that time there would be now show which, as George notes, is a real shame.

A few months ago I had contact the Fairleigh Dickinson office that leases space for third party events and they told me they had not heard from the Langos so I concluded at that time there would be now show which, as George notes, is a real shame.

Poor Bill Lango, that show was his baby, his pride and joy, he loved every second of it and now it appears to be a thing of the past.

No idea/clue why if the college gave the promoter a date two years in a row he chose not to run it.

Not my call, I assume he's got his reasons, he's the one who has to pay for the gym and the tables in advance as well as do the mailing and the associated advertising.

At the end of the day, it's his call and no one elses, but again, just a real shame.

I hope that some new show comes along to replace the Hackensack Show if it is a done deal. This was my favorite show to go too. Gettysburg is now the big show on the East Coast.

Agree - is there someone out there willing to get the show back on track?

North Jersey is a tough place to run a Sunday show. The venues are tough to deal with. What needs to occur is contact to the Langos to take over the show. The only successful long time promoter in the Northeast is over 80 and quite frankly I know does not want the aggravation that this show entails. Unfortunately it is not in the cards for me as I do not have the time to invest nor do I necessarily want to run this show. I have a full time job that is about 80% travel which just doesn’t afford the time for this commitment. There is only 1 real other option and he is a busy guy already committed or over committed. Therefore the only northeast shows right now are the small regional ones in Gettysburg, Annandale and Wayne. So for the time being support them. You also have MFCA but it needs customer support too.

hate to say this but unless the customers get off their arses and out from behind keyboards, shows will remain the way they are.

tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back