EGYPT and THE SUDAN (1 Viewer)

Hi Martyn,
Great set.
It seems coming out of Mike´s Little Legions works is that so?.....fantastic set!
Fleury

Hi Fleury

Many thanks, they all come from LL. Mike made the screw gun set as a "special"

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hi Fleury

Many thanks, they all come from LL. Mike made the screw gun set as a "special"

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

As part of my Colonial sets, Mike from Little Legion has helped me add some real great firepower to the British columns. It is great to be able to have his support and flexibility. Not many manufactures these days focus on Colonial/Victorian wars....Then we also have a real shortage of artillery providers. A great source was Mountford, but even these are hard to find now a days...Barracks is also gone....so to be able to man these guns Mike came at the right time.....otherwise I would have the pieces but would not be able to create scenarios with them in action.

Regards,

Fleury

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 179
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 181
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 181
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 161
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 175
A couple more, all the photos are to be found at my albums..some I have loaded to the Little Legion Thread......

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 175
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 171
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 187
Thanks for taking the time setting up an photgraphing your sets Artilley-Crazy as a former Artillery Officer I alwayy enjoy seeing The King of Battle in action.....The Lt.

Hi Martyn,

As part of my Colonial sets, Mike from Little Legion has helped me add some real great firepower to the British columns. It is great to be able to have his support and flexibility. Not many manufactures these days focus on Colonial/Victorian wars....Then we also have a real shortage of artillery providers. A great source was Mountford, but even these are hard to find now a days...Barracks is also gone....so to be able to man these guns Mike came at the right time.....otherwise I would have the pieces but would not be able to create scenarios with them in action.

Regards,

Fleury

Lovely sets Fleury and you are absolutely correct about Mike he will go out of his way to help.

Cheers

BATTLE OF TAMAI - 13th March - 1884

Left flank of the Black Watch

bwtamai-1.jpg

Cheers

BATTLE OF TAMAI - 13th March - 1884

Centre of the Black Watch line

bwtamai2-2.jpg

Cheers

The Black Watch, TAMAI - 13th March - 1884

bwtamai6-2.jpg

bwtamai5-1.jpg

Cheers

Some of the new additions purchased at the London Show

Mounted Emir

EMIRLL.jpg

Two Dervish Flag bearers

CAMELGREEN.jpg

CAMELRED.jpg

Two more Indian Lancers to join the charge

INDIANLANCERS.jpg

Cheers

these are fabulous, i am going to have redirect some kc funds to little legion

Many thanks HAWKEYE, glad you like them :salute::

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

Remember when we spoke of a maxim machinegun so as to provide our colonial troops with some real fire power.....and with that better explore the later Sudan/Egypt and Northwestern campaigns that the current offerings of gatling guns and nordenfelts cannot cope with due to the fact they were phased out......well guess what Craig at Wilson Edward Toy Soldiers - www.wilsonedward.com has released a great maxim gun and carriage.....see pictures below...All I have for now are pictures from his pdf catalogue of a set in casting not painted....but for sure the painted version will come soon....The one pictured is a multinational garrison at Peking 1900 Boxer Rebellion, but I have the word that Craig can man the gun with the troops we wish within the range of WETS.....That means, British Boer, African and Northwestern Frontier, Sudan and Egypt.....Russian for the Japanese - Russo War of 1903.....You name it......

Great News.......Now Mike cannot miss the boat.....Craig also has a very nice nordenfelt and gatling ....image004.gifimage002.gif

The Naval Brigade have commandeered a Dhow and are using it to move supplies up the Nile

RNdhow9.jpg

Dhow - LL
Figures - LL and Trophy

Cheers

Martyn

The Naval Brigade have commandeered a Dhow and are using it to move supplies up the Nile

RNdhow9.jpg

Dhow - LL
Figures - LL and Trophy

Cheers

Martyn

Your at it again Martyn an boy am I glad to see you featuring both Little Legion an Trophy at play. What a great photo.:salute:::salute:::salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back