Farm House with K&C Cold Stream Guard Naps............ (1 Viewer)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
I made a farm house building....

Attachments

• Bldg (11).jpg
    Bldg (11).jpg
    177 KB · Views: 669
  • Bldg (9).jpg
    Bldg (9).jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 672
  • Bldg (10).jpg
    Bldg (10).jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 650
  • Bldg (12).jpg
    Bldg (12).jpg
    305 KB · Views: 677
more pics...

Attachments

• Bldg (8).jpg
    Bldg (8).jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 511
  • Bldg (7).jpg
    Bldg (7).jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 493
  • Bldg (6).jpg
    Bldg (6).jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 497
  • Bldg (5).jpg
    Bldg (5).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 495
final pics....

Attachments

• Bldg.jpg
    Bldg.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Bldg (2).jpg
    Bldg (2).jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 487
  • Bldg (3).jpg
    Bldg (3).jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 493
  • Bldg (4).jpg
    Bldg (4).jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 524
What a great diorama! It all seems so real... I love your farm house... Well done, Mike! :smile2::smile2:

Cheers

Enrico

Great job Mike, I like structures like this that have yards with walls, you can do a nice display of troops defending the structure. I like the groundwork too; groundwork on pieces like this can make or break them, you nailed it, well done. Would be nice to see a series of these making a small village, keep up the good work..............

This is certainly a real nice piece Mike; in line with all your work. And making it with NAPS makes me smile even more.....:salute::

Joe

Your farmhouse is very nice indeed . Which material did you use ?
I make most of the buildings I use in my dioramas myself and it's always good to learn new techniques from another forum member
The result of your work is great !!!!
guy:)

Great share Mike ....

Reminds me that we ought to see new Redcoats from K&C ... from the King's German Legion perhaps :salute::

Bests
OD

Mike mate, has it been raining a lot in Galveston lately and you have been holed up in your man cave!!! ^&grin

Nice work once again, you have been pumping out some awesome dio's lately.

Tom

What a great diorama! It all seems so real... I love your farm house... Well done, Mike! :smile2::smile2:

Cheers

Enrico

Enrico...thank you!

Great job Mike, I like structures like this that have yards with walls, you can do a nice display of troops defending the structure. I like the groundwork too; groundwork on pieces like this can make or break them, you nailed it, well done. Would be nice to see a series of these making a small village, keep up the good work..............

George...thank you! I have made others similar to this. This might be my third one. I just sell them on Ebay. I saw a picture of your table at a show...not sure which show...and not sure of the manufacturer...but I would guess Dave from TMT...you were selling a similar structure...it was a really nice piece...that was my inspiration...mine is just a spin-off of that structure...

This is certainly a real nice piece Mike; in line with all your work. And making it with NAPS makes me smile even more.....:salute::

Joe

Joe...thank you!

I think this is your best work so far. Very nice.

Andanna...thank you!

Your farmhouse is very nice indeed . Which material did you use ?
I make most of the buildings I use in my dioramas myself and it's always good to learn new techniques from another forum member
The result of your work is great !!!!

Guy...
thank you! I'm a huge fan/admirer of your work...you're very detailed...very precise...very good...
I'm jealous of your talent...^&grin
I have followed all of your threads...you're truly an inspiration to me...
I think we basically use the same materials...
I use the sturdy blue or pink foam board..."industrial sheathing" is the technical term...
closed cell foam board that they use for insulation on homes in the US...
I use a hot glue gun...as it literally dries in seconds and is permanent...
I like stucco patch for a covering...it dries much harder than spackling...
I really get a lot of enjoyment in making structures...it's a bonus to the hobby...

Great share Mike ....

Reminds me that we ought to see new Redcoats from K&C ... from the King's German Legion perhaps :salute::

Bests
OD

OD...thank you!

Mike mate, has it been raining a lot in Galveston lately and you have been holed up in your man cave!!! ^&grin

Nice work once again, you have been pumping out some awesome dio's lately.

Tom

Tom...thank you...enjoying the hobby!

Really nice job on the Farm House dio Mike. Looks great.

Duke...thank you!

Mike, Those figures with the red tunics really stand out in your scene. Looking good senor !

Wayne

Enrico...thank you!

Guy...
thank you! I'm a huge fan/admirer of your work...you're very detailed...very precise...very good...
I'm jealous of your talent...^&grin
I have followed all of your threads...you're truly an inspiration to me...
I think we basically use the same materials...
I use the sturdy blue or pink foam board..."industrial sheathing" is the technical term...
closed cell foam board that they use for insulation on homes in the US...
I use a hot glue gun...as it literally dries in seconds and is permanent...
I like stucco patch for a covering...it dries much harder than spackling...
I really get a lot of enjoyment in making structures...it's a bonus to the hobby...

Thanks for the info Mike . This is truly a great building you made

Like everything else of yours I have seen on this forum,this is very good.Two questions-how did you do the tiles?And why do your doors have the bracing on the outside?

Like everything else of yours I have seen on this forum,this is very good.Two questions-how did you do the tiles?And why do your doors have the bracing on the outside?

Doors with bracing on the outside , lots of examples
bracing.jpg

bracing1.jpg bracing 2.jpg

Very nice the courtyard with the grass {sm3}

Poppo...thank you very much...

Mike, Those figures with the red tunics really stand out in your scene. Looking good senor !

Wayne

Wayne...thank you very much...K&C did a really good job on those figures...they used to retail for $19-$21 not that long ago...

Thanks for the info Mike . This is truly a great building you made

Guy...you're welcome...and thank you again...

Tony...thank you...I use the bracing on the exterior of the doors to make them more interesting architecturally...the little bit of extra work makes them stand out a little more....I'm not sure what you mean when you ask how I do the "tiles"...what are the "tiles"?

Tony...thank you...I use the bracing on the exterior of the doors to make them more interesting architecturally...the little bit of extra work makes them stand out a little more....I'm not sure what you mean when you ask how I do the "tiles"...what are the "tiles"?[/QUOTE]

Mike, I believe he's referring to the roof tiles...................Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back